BI Newbie: trying to get the BI app on the iphone to conenct to my BI server

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I managed to setup the basics. BI is recording, webserver appears to be working.
I can connect through the BI app from my ipad on my home network.

I can access the BI web site using a browser on my iphone (however I don't see an videos) when using cellular data (not wifi). However, I can't connect from the BI app on the iphone.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What error do you get from the app? Make sure the user name has remote access Blue iris options>users make sure lan only is not selected and also that the user has access to recorded video.

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What error do you get from the app? Make sure the user name has remote access Blue iris options>users make sure lan only is not selected and also that the user has access to recorded video.
Hi,

I am getting the following error: "Unable to make connection, check server address.". I verified the ISP IP of my router.
Lan only is disabled in both the general webserver setting and user setting.
The user has access to PTZ and view recorded clips.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you entering the proper port number after the ip address? if you are using port 80 for the webserver, try a different port...when using a port other than port 80 you must enter the ipaddress:XXXX where XXXX is the port number.
The fact that you logged in via the browser tells me that you set the port forwarding up correctly...

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used :81.

Now I have a more fundamental problem. My demo period appears to have expired. I indented to buy a license when I confirmed all is working...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
im assuming you were using v3...you can download v4 and should be able to use the demo...if not let me know

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. Upgraded to v4.0 and got a new demo period. I also updated the .Net 4.0 version.
After all the changes, I can now access my server from the iPhone (using cell data) BI app!