BI loose focus on HP webcam manual set

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use an HP HD-4110 and I need to manual set the focus because I put a wide lens (those for iphone) in front of it and the autofocus put it wrong. So, I set it manual in video/advanced tab/driver source. Then when I hit ok the camera restarts and when it reappears in BI window, the focus is lost: it's in another position.
One workaround is to adjust the focus and click cancel instead of ok: the webcam doesn't restarts and the focus remains correct. BUT when you close BI and restarts the problem is there again, so you should do this every time you start BI...

What can be done?

Attachments

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to change focus also in another app and also here it looses it after a refresh of the camera.
So it's not a BI only problem.
Anyway, it's very annoying: you can't use the webcam this way!
Any ideas on BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to change focus also in another app and also here it looses it after a refresh of the camera.
So it's not a BI only problem.
Anyway, it's very annoying: you can't use the webcam this way!
Any ideas on BI?
there is nothing you can do, its the want the camera operates, BI cant fix that. Why are you using usb cameras?

frank10

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mmm, time ago I did a C++ prog in which I set focus manual at the restart, setting two times the command, one at say 0 and the second time at the correct value: the problem is if you set the focus one time only at the start, it will not memorize... Also BI could do that, maybe I will ask the developer.

Anyway, another solution could be to send an http command after the start of BI, maybe setting manually the cam.
I saw some syntax in the help file, but no examples, anyway I didn't see a command to set the focus.

A third option could be to make a macro with Autoit to set BI with the new values...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt he is going to put any effort into solving this as its only an issue with that specific usb camera and only because you added an external lens.