BI IOS App vs IP Cam View Pro

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I have both, bought IP Cam long before I new about BI. So my limited obvervations are.

1) IP Cam View Pro is great for simple quick view of real time video, BI is slower and loads a small video screen on launch

2 BI mobile obviously works great with BI server.

3) BI mobile always works showing all my cameras, they are never down. many times IP Cam Pro will not be able to get to a few cameras, this problem is also true of droid version (free one). It obviously network issue, maybe my fault but sometimes IOS will really piss me off with little shit it does.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris mobile loads just as fast as ip camviewer on my phone..you can set it to default open to the group camera view.
Blue iris mobile allows changing profiles, traffic signal and most importantly view recorded video...not to mention push notifications/geofencing/multiple bandwidth levels, non of which are possible with ipcamviewer.
ipcamviewer requires each of your cameras to be port forwarded (unless you are using vpn) which is a huge security risk.
If you have blue iris server, there is no reason to use ipcamviewer...

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Blue iris mobile loads just as fast as ip camviewer on my phone..you can set it to default open to the group camera view.
Blue iris mobile allows changing profiles, traffic signal and most importantly view recorded video...not to mention push notifications/geofencing/multiple bandwidth levels, non of which are possible with ipcamviewer.
ipcamviewer requires each of your cameras to be port forwarded (unless you are using vpn) which is a huge security risk.
If you have blue iris server, there is no reason to use ipcamviewer...

Within my local network, IP Cam view pro loads twice as fast as BI. I don't us IP Cam outside of that, so cant judge that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Within my local network, IP Cam view pro loads twice as fast as BI. I don't us IP Cam outside of that, so cant judge that.
im getting about 1 second load times on the android app. How long does it take yours to load?

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
im getting about 1 second load times on the android app. How long does it take yours to load?
Sometimes I want a quick peak to see if doors are closed or if car is in garage, cause I live with females. IP Cam less than second on IPhone, Ipad and Nexus tablet, BI is more than 1 second (three windows in sequence automatically appear, menu, followed by some empty window, followed by camera group which is what I want to see, this is on IPhone.

BTW BI is hands down better, I was just mentioning it.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can attest to what MartyO is saying about the load time on iPhone. Not that it is terrible, but certainly odd how many pages load before getting to a camera group for sure. I see it load the main splash page, then login page, then main page with stats and stop light chart, then cameras page, the finally camera group page if that is what it is set to load on initial start. In the end, all pages loading only takes about 3 seconds.

I will continue to use the app because it is the most robust and feature packed when compared to the alternatives. Plus, like Fenderman said, you are only opening up a single port in the firewall as opposed to multiple if you are getting to each cam separately.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I can attest to what MartyO is saying about the load time on iPhone. Not that it is terrible, but certainly odd how many pages load before getting to a camera group for sure. I see it load the main splash page, then login page, then main page with stats and stop light chart, then cameras page, the finally camera group page if that is what it is set to load on initial start. In the end, all pages loading only takes about 3 seconds.

I will continue to use the app because it is the most robust and feature packed when compared to the alternatives. Plus, like Fenderman said, you are only opening up a single port in the firewall as opposed to multiple if you are getting to each cam separately.
Yes it is robust, I think its because a wired PC is so robust with networks. and obviously BI is written well.