BI has lost my Speeddome, well some what

Reaction score
this morning the speeddome DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW stopped auto tracking so I went in to BI to rediscover the camera but it did not list the camera under discover. check with the hivision interface and it's there, check with the SDAP and it is still listing it so I change the IP thinking something happened to the ip and still it can't be found by BI
than I roll back BI to the last safe update but still no camera. so I wipe the camera back to factory settings and still it can't be found. I can put the ip address in BI and see the camera but it does not have all the features it had before like auto tracking

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Auto tracking is a function of the camera not BI. When you factory reset the camera you now have to set it all back up again. You probably just needed to do a find/inspect to get the camera back in BI.

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you setup to allow ONVIF access after factory reset? On a separate topic, when your PTZ is smart tracking, how is the focus? I'm finding mine to be out of focus almost all of the time when auto tracking. If you have any advice, please let me know.

1662847296757.png

Reaction score
Auto tracking is a function of the camera not BI. When you factory reset the camera you now have to set it all back up again. You probably just needed to do a find/inspect to get the camera back in BI.
I tried that
Did you setup to allow ONVIF access after factory reset? On a separate topic, when your PTZ is smart tracking, how is the focus? I'm finding mine to be out of focus almost all of the time when auto tracking. If you have any advice, please let me know.

View attachment 139505
the focus is spot on, and it was tracking great and starting in a 180 degrees to line up with the road but after today it stops tracking at 90 degrees

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried that

the focus is spot on, and it was tracking great and starting in a 180 degrees to line up with the road but after today it stops tracking at 90 degrees
Does it autotrack OK without adding it to BI? You've said it doesn't have auto tracking, but then you say it stops at 90 degrees.

Reaction score
Does it autotrack OK without adding it to BI? You've said it doesn't have auto tracking, but then you say it stops at 90 degrees.
@amdpowered yes the camera is tracking fine without using BI.

what happened to kick this off was it stopped all PZT functioning from BI and ui3. than when I switched the ip on the camera and tried to discover it from inside of BI the video page the new ip could not be found. if it can't discover it than it will not pull in all the features of the camera will not be avaialable ie no substreams