BI Clips Folder Space Warning

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I changed the recording folder from one drive to another (E:). it is a 4TB external Drive. In the options I told BI to monitor free space upto 3500GB and / or keep 14 days and delete.

Restarted BI / let it compact DB at 2am..

Still seeing this error in logs

E:: 40, 535.3G/3.89T (-223.9G)
What setting am I missing?? looks like its still counting space of the old drive (D:)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I changed the recording folder from one drive to another (E:). it is a 4TB external Drive. In the options I told BI to monitor free space upto 3500GB and / or keep 14 days and delete.

Restarted BI / let it compact DB at 2am..

Still seeing this error in logs

What setting am I missing?? looks like its still counting space of the old drive (D:)
it takes into account all folders including new, alert, aux that are pointed to that drive.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it takes into account all folders including new, alert, aux that are pointed to that drive.
Thanks .. that's wierd..

Anyways.. I have moved DB / Recording / Alert / Archive all to E: .. still same error.

I had DB on SSD and rest on E: which is a external HDD.. but have moved all folders to E: now, restarted and did a regenerate DB.. none of the aux folders is set

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks .. that's wierd..

Anyways.. I have moved DB / Recording / Alert / Archive all to E: .. still same error.

I had DB on SSD and rest on E: which is a external HDD.. but have moved all folders to E: now, restarted and did a regenerate DB.. none of the aux folders is set
How much space have you allocated for each folder, new, alert, stored? What is the size of the external drive?

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How much space have you allocated for each folder, new, alert, stored? What is the size of the external drive?
Yeah I was looking into that now...

e: = 4TB , Free 3.11 TB

Structure

E:\BlueIris\DB : Default setting (wanted to keep on D: - SSD)
E:\BlueIris\Recordings : Limit folder Size 3500GB or limit clip age 14 days - delete after that
E:\BlueIris\Alerts : Limit folder size 5GB or clip age 14 days
E:\BlueIris\Archive : Limit Folder Size 490GB - delete after that

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking into that now...

e: = 4TB , Free 3.11 TB

Structure

E:\BlueIris\DB : Default setting (wanted to keep on D: - SSD)
E:\BlueIris\Recordings : Limit folder Size 3500GB or limit clip age 14 days - delete after that
E:\BlueIris\Alerts : Limit folder size 5GB or clip age 14 days
E:\BlueIris\Archive : Limit Folder Size 490GB - delete after that
Thats your problem. You allocated 3995gb when a 4tb drive holds less than that.

Reactions: its

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks.. lol.. now i see what it is doing.. :)

Another quick query..

1) some short recordings happen to come in "All Clips" instead of "Alerts".. Is it because it didn't actually trigger an alert but had motion? Alhought I might be wrong but some of those clips did have red boxes in them. Can I sort clips by size and delete them?

2) Some clips have a green bar where the time is (some full and some half or quarter) - what does that signify? I am guessing amount of recording compared to a full 24hr clip?

3) Anyway to reset the folder structure to default without reset of whole BI ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.. lol.. now i see what it is doing.. :)

Another quick query..

1) some short recordings happen to come in "All Clips" instead of "Alerts".. Is it because it didn't actually trigger an alert but had motion? Alhought I might be wrong but some of those clips did have red boxes in them. Can I sort clips by size and delete them?

2) Some clips have a green bar where the time is (some full and some half or quarter) - what does that signify? I am guessing amount of recording compared to a full 24hr clip?

3) Anyway to reset the folder structure to default without reset of whole BI ?
See the working with clips section which is explains this. Green bar is length relative to other clips. Alerts are just jpeg images that point to clips, there is no separate alert recording.
You can change the folder structure you just need to rebuild the database.