BI changed camera IP addresses

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to BI 5.6.2 the other day on one of my BI systems. Last night, the IP addresses of 2 of the cameras was changed in the BI configuration. I usually reserve .50-.200 for DHCP and the addresses in BI was configured for IP addresses in the DHCP range but I would never have put my cameras in there to begin with.

So I was able to change one of the cameras back to the correct IP address. Then on the other camera, I tried to change it from .106 back to .11 and I click ok but the IP address won't stick. I can do a find/inspect, all goes well and when I click OK to save it, it reverts back to .106.

I was able to add a new camera using the correct IP address of .11. For some reason, the original camera configuration in BI seems to be corrupted. Anything I can do to fix the original camera config?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI does not "change camera IP addresses."

Does the BI server and each camera have a unique static IP, all on the same subnet and all outside of your router's DHCP pool?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will need to revert back until there is an option to disable the new feature that attempts to follow the cameras ip after its changed. It uses the mac address. There is another thread with this issue relating to a camera over a repeater or bridge.

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI does not "change camera IP addresses."

Does the BI server and each camera have a unique static IP, all on the same subnet and all outside of your router's DHCP pool?
Sorry I wasn't more clear. It changed the IP address in the BI configuration, not on the cameras, and I was unable to change it back to the correct IP address. All of my cameras have static IP addresses outside of the DHCP scope.

The MAC address feature does sound kind of cool, but didn't work well in my situation.