BI Audio Issues

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one camera with audio that I can't seem to figure out what is causing the audio to be unclear and scratchy like wind blowing and cutting in and out. If I log into the camera directly and view it the audio is perfect. The audio is only bad in BI software, watching live on web and the recordings.

It hasn't always been this way, it was very clear not so long ago, but I don't know when it changed, weeks or months. I have done updates and I have upgraded OS software with the same settings (export/import settings after OS install)

Is there a known problem, and or what should I be looking at to resolve this? Is there settings pages I should screen shot for you?

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still having same issues, can't find the issue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one camera with audio that I can't seem to figure out what is causing the audio to be unclear and scratchy like wind blowing and cutting in and out. ....... Is there settings pages I should screen shot for you?
Have you tried uninstall/reinstalling the problem cam in BI?
Is the problem cam the same make/model as the other(s) that operate properly?
How about a screenshot of BI settings for the problem camera's "Audio" tab ?

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@TonyR I have removed and re-added my cameras. It seemed to clear up after removing a diffrent camera, BI actualy had a hard time deleteing it so I am thinking that was a problem with it. Audio sounds better, let me give it some time.

@looney2ns I'm not sure what filter you are referring too.

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope, audio cracking noice is still there. I am glad I reinstalled all my cameras, BI is running better.

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is still a problem with BI, I can log directly into the camera and the audio is perfect, running it through BI and is full of muffle and crackling. From my investigation is has to be the streaming and or audio codex problem.

I wish there was someone that had this problem and found a solution, been clicking blindly for a while now trying all setting that I know of. I am lost.