BI app does not connect within network. Connects outside of network fine.

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
This problem seemed to pop up a couple weeks ago. Previously I was able to connect to BI within and outside the network just fine on the app.

If I disable wifi I can connect fine, if I enable the wifi I can no longer connect. Credentials and log in info has not changed. I have triple checked IP address and ports. Any suggestions?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The problem:
You cannot connect to BI on the local network using wifi.
Questions
1)When connecting locally by wifi are you going through your router or an access point ?
2)Are you using a VPN when connecting locally, no need but some people do ?
3)Are you using your phone to connect locally via wifi ?
4)How are you connecting local bypassing wifi ?

5)Are you port blocking or port forwarding in your router for the BI PORT;

6) ON the wifi fail are you using the BI app (android, apple) or are you using UI3 ?
7) On the fail are you getting the BI login screen ?

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, SourthernYankee.

1) Going through the router. No access points.
2) Not using a VPN
3) Yes, using iPhone Bi App to connect locally via wifi.
4) Not sure I understand this question. Using the LAN IP address listed in BI for the BI App.
5) I have the port opened up on the router. Verified via canyouseeme.org.
6) On the BI App (Apple) it says "Unable to make connection; check server address."
7) I am getting the fail in the BI app (Apple) and in a browser. If I try to establish connection via internet browser with the LAN IP: Port address, the webpage times out unable to load "The site can't be reached". I can log in if I disconnect from the wifi/LAN and use the WAN address.

If I use the LAN IP: Port address on the computer BI is on, I can log in via browser just fine. But I used to be able to also log in on my iPhone app when connected to the wifi. Did something change?