BI android app and push to talk

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an Annke NDC800 twin sensor cam, which supports talk back (push to talk), and that works if using the console and a mic on the PC. I'm trying to do same with the Android app... it, in theory, supports it. I can hear audio from the cam on the phone in the app, but when I push the microphone icon, I get a "motorboat" sound on the pc speaker and nothing plays on the cam. Audio is enabled in BI console for the camera, and the main setup has "enable audio capture hardware" checked in the microphone part, output default, tho those settings do not seem to make a difference. Anyone with a clue as to where the motorboat sound is coming from and how to make the app work?
Screenshot 2023-08-02 185532.pngScreenshot 2023-08-02 185347.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an Annke NDC800 twin sensor cam, which supports talk back (push to talk), and that works if using the console and a mic on the PC. I'm trying to do same with the Android app... it, in theory, supports it. I can hear audio from the cam on the phone in the app, but when I push the microphone icon, I get a "motorboat" sound on the pc speaker and nothing plays on the cam. Audio is enabled in BI console for the camera, and the main setup has "enable audio capture hardware" checked in the microphone part, output default, tho those settings do not seem to make a difference. Anyone with a clue as to where the motorboat sound is coming from and how to make the app work?
View attachment 169192View attachment 169193
You will need to select a compatible Annke or hikvision camera from the drop down. It won't work using onvif selection.
Also note that even when it will work it will not be great. This is a weak point in the Blue Iris mobile apps and you should email support asking for an improvement.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried adding a clone using "annke rtsp" (the only real choice) and the results are the same. Same if adding as new. Hikvision just sends it back to Generic Onvif. I will ask support... not a big deal but a feature I was trying to make work. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried adding a clone using "annke rtsp" (the only real choice) and the results are the same. Same if adding as new. Hikvision just sends it back to Generic Onvif. I will ask support... not a big deal but a feature I was trying to make work. Thanks.
Dont try generic...simply try the various other options. dont use find inspect after.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dont try generic...simply try the various other options. dont use find inspect after.
same results. Interesting, two of my Dahua 5442's (which don't have the two way audio as far as I know), hear fine but exhibit the same "motorboat" sound on the PC when I try the push to talk in the app...