Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
currently have zone A property and zone B street
have continuous recording set
i can get triggers for zone A and B
on alerts i set zone A to send email but it never sends
if i set on trigger immediate action to email it sends an email

why can i not have emails sent via alerts but it sends just fine on trigger

can anyone shed some light on why i need to set it this way or is this the correct way.

thanks,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of your alerts tab and settings so we can see what is going on.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post screenshots of your alerts tab and settings so we can see what is going on.
here are the trigger and alert settings ...

edit: i removed my email from the pics

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Turn off High Definition and turn off the object travels and turn off the reset - those are used to eliminate false triggers and you have the opposite going on. Also switch to simple algorithm.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turn off High Definition and turn off the object travels and turn off the reset - those are used to eliminate false triggers and you have the opposite going on. Also switch to simple algorithm.
not tracking on the reset?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - post screenshots of your zones.

Also, you can playback motion and turn on the motion detection to see why it is missing it. Maybe post a clip of that and I can see what is going on.

Night can be problematic if there isn't enough light or if the contrast is not enough for motion detection to see a difference.

Usually though turning off high def, object travels, and reset does it.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
dont have a clip of me in zone A with the new settings

zone A is from the edge of the parking pad to bottom of screen. zone B is the street.

Attachments

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
will have to let it run until tomorrow after 5pm CST as thats when i get off work. should have a clip in the morning when i leave for work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, that should get you. Take the min contrast down to the min setting and see if that picks you up. Maybe change make time to 0.3.

Which camera is this and does the iframes match the FPS?

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, that should get you. Take the min contrast down to the min setting and see if that picks you up. Maybe change make time to 0.3.

Which camera is this and does the iframes match the FPS?
thank you for you help, it is greatly appreciated.

i had it working under trigger immediate actions but from what i read it should be under alerts to email out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The immediate actions is a newer feature, so if it works from there, I would go with it.

It should be working with the alerts tab as well, but maybe something broke when the immediate actions was added.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i will try the alerts and if that still doesnt work i will go back to immediate, again thanks for all your help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK I just tested this - it appears as if the immediate actions send the alert without confirming AI (so if there is motion, it will send the email), and the Alerts tab is now more for what to do after AI has confirmed an image, so that is probably the issue. So probably a bug if you do not have AI turned on, or it didn't confirm it. I will test it some more and send an email to BI if it appears to be a bug.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I just tested this - it appears as if the immediate actions send the alert without confirming AI (so if there is motion, it will send the email), and the Alerts tab is now more for what to do after AI has confirmed an image, so that is probably the issue. So probably a bug if you do not have AI turned on, or it didn't confirm it. I will test it some more and send an email to BI if it appears to be a bug.
Checked the triggers this morning and it seems I was getting false positives on no motion\objects during the night, so I changed the contrast to 30.

When I left this morning I was getting double emails. For triggers (I set the email subject line to "trigger") and for alerts (I set the email subject line to "alerts"). When I get home tonight I will turn off triggers and see what happens. I think also since zone A and B overlap in the zone window I am getting emails for vehicles in zone B even though I only set it to send email on zone A. May have to make a line and label it zone C and then draw zone A and zone B on either side of zone C so zone B doesn't try to include zone A

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I am wondering if in our troubleshooting last night we came across a bug regarding alerts and the settings you had for contrast, etc. would still work if the alert is in the immediate actions location.

Try taking B out of the crosses zone as well.

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I take out zone B will I still get triggers in the timeline? I still want to be able jump to when vehicles drives by when I go to either the timeline or trigger tab, I just don't want emails from zone B

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh - ok. I wonder if you are getting the zone B alerts because of headlight bounce into zone A at night?

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did turn up the contrast to 30 so I will have to check to see if that worked. Hopefully adding the zone C divider will help in the cross zone triggers between A and B

NoDak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh - ok. I wonder if you are getting the zone B alerts because of headlight bounce into zone A at night?
ok i figured out what is going on.

its all related to ai button on the trigger tab. if you have it set to sentry smart alerts and [no plan] it will never fire an alert. i went back to what i had all set before this and everyting works (per my original screenshots) if i have it set to none. i thought with a paid 1yr sub you get the basic sentry smart alerts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh - Sentry is a paid service that is different than the BI payment.

But the DeepStack AI integration is free as part of BI.