BI 5.8.1.4 - PTZ no longer moves to preset when triggered from spotter

nwiceman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has seen the behavior mentioned in the title? On both 5.8.1.4 and 5.8.2.2, when my spotter camera is triggered, my PTZ no longer moves to the preset. I rolled back to 5.8.0.16 and things started working again. Just wondering if there is some new setting that I need to set/change to get this working again on newer builds? I did a forum search and haven't seen anyone else mention this so maybe it's something specific to my config. I have a standard spotter/ptz setup which works, except on newer builds. I'm happy to provide screenshots if need be. FWIW, I did email Ken but haven't heard back yet.

Thank you

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has seen the behavior mentioned in the title? On both 5.8.1.4 and 5.8.2.2, when my spotter camera is triggered, my PTZ no longer moves to the preset. I rolled back to 5.8.0.16 and things started working again. Just wondering if there is some new setting that I need to set/change to get this working again on newer builds? I did a forum search and haven't seen anyone else mention this so maybe it's something specific to my config. I have a standard spotter/ptz setup which works, except on newer builds. I'm happy to provide screenshots if need be. FWIW, I did email Ken but haven't heard back yet.

Thank you
I have had a similar issue that cropped up in these recent releases: the "look-back" feature of the scheduler (which is sometimes called by the PTZ feature), in regards to changing camera profiles at sunrise/sunset, hasn't been working when the computer (or B.I.) restarts in the opposite time period. This used to work perfectly, and Ken wrote to me yesterday it would be fixed in 5.8.2.3, but I haven't seen yet if that was released today.
This may solve your issues as well, TBD.