BI 3 and 4 on same machine

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Before I try, does anyone know if I can install both versions (I have licenses for both) on the same machine and each function normally? I wouldn't run them both at the same time, but I'm running some tests and it'd make it easier to switch between the two.

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can.. Though there is no benefit to 3 at all over 4.

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah, but troubleshooting something with 4 and want to see if I get this issue in 3 as well. I've been on 4 for a little bit (never had time to install 3) and going to 3, wow, it's such a dramatic change.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the issue? Have you emailed support? Even if you find 3 does not have the issue it won't help you much..

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the issue is that every so often, motion recordings start showing a ghosting/artifacting effect for the moving object

I have my camera (Amcrest ProHD) set to 15FPS. I noticed that when this happens, if I got to the Video tab for the camera, it shows an FPS of 17 (while the General tab is actively showing an avg of 15FPS). If I drop this back to 15, then it records fine again and the clips look good (direct to disc). I emailed support about the FPS showing up in the video tab, and they say it's a cosmetic issue, that BI adjusts to what the camera is sending and if it ever detects something higher, then that's what it shows in the video tab. I even set that FPS to 30 in the video tab and it just stays at 30. It seems to show the high water mark for the FPS.

I assumed my issue was that setting somehow. But maybe it's me making a change and saving and BI resetting itself for the camera feed. I want to run BI3 for a while just to see if it shows up there too. I may just use BI4 and see if making a simple change elsewhere and saving it would cause recordings to look good for a while as well.