BI & 2 Different IP Networks at the Same Time? Also iOS App?

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I have 2 different networks of cameras running, and wanted to see if BI can show all of them at the same time?

I have an outdoor set of POE Cams (Hikvision) running into a DVR. The DVR IS plugging into my main/internet network, and I can see all cames from my Desktop Computer running iVMS-4200.

I JUST picked up a couple Amcrest indoor HD cams (nanny cams) running on my main internet/network.

Q1) Can BI combine all my cameras together on one screen, regardless of the network?

Q2) Is there a solid iOS App, with 2-way audio and PTZ controls that I can install on multiple iOS devices at the same time, and is STABLE? The app that comes with the AmCrest SUCKS- keeps disconnecting... :( Again, I'd like to combine all camera networks into the same app.

Q3) Can I hook up BI on multiple PCs at the same time?

Q4) Can I get the camera on my Roku?

Thank you for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you say they are on two networks when everything is connected to a single network?
You install blue iris on one pc...then you can view on any pc using a browser...

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry- wasn't sure since the outdoor cams are connected directly by POE to the DVR, while the indoor cams go right into my switch/router.

I've installed it- it shows both my indoor AmCrest cams... and then the Hikvision DVR- but it doesn't show the cams connected to the DVR. Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry- wasn't sure since the outdoor cams are connected directly by POE to the DVR, while the indoor cams go right into my switch/router.

I've installed it- it shows both my indoor AmCrest cams... and then the Hikvision DVR- but it doesn't show the cams connected to the DVR. Any ideas?
It will not pull the feed from the individual cameras you need to stream from the NVR. Setup each channel as a different camera...

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. How exactly do I go about doing that? Is that a function from inside the NVR itself?

Thanks again!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. How exactly do I go about doing that? Is that a function from inside the NVR itself?

Thanks again!
In blue iris select the hikvision nvr in the camera dropdown, then use the cam number option to change ...

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess I'm confused. I go to 'Add Camera' by the little '+' symbol. I hit the Find/Inspect button... it shows a list of 2 indoor cams, and then my NVR. I put in the password, hit ok. Then it gives the No Signal error (makes sense, I only selected a NVR, not a camera). What am I missing? Where's the Camera Dropdown?

Thanks a lot for all your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'm confused. I go to 'Add Camera' by the little '+' symbol. I hit the Find/Inspect button... it shows a list of 2 indoor cams, and then my NVR. I put in the password, hit ok. Then it gives the No Signal error (makes sense, I only selected a NVR, not a camera). What am I missing? Where's the Camera Dropdown?

Thanks a lot for all your help!
Dont use find inspect, use the dropdown menu..its right there

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, I see it now. I see my NVR in the list- but it's still not giving the signal. I'm wondering if I don't have the correct password. Now I gotta figure how to find out the PW on those things- it's been a year since I set them up! LOL

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, found that- but password recovery fails. It's very odd, since, I'm currently running iVMS with no problems. Grrrrr....

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK- so, found the password to the NVR. But- the SADP tool ONLY shows the NVR, and not the cams connected to it. This is very odd...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK- so, found the password to the NVR. But- the SADP tool ONLY shows the NVR, and not the cams connected to it. This is very odd...
its not odd...its exactly how its supposed to work..sadp will not show cams on the nvr.....
It doesnt matter....you need to stream from the NVR not the cams...enter the NVR ip then distinguish cameras by selecting cam 1 2 3 etc...

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OH! OK- so enter the NVR IP in the search box at the top?

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still getting no signal. I thought it was the ports, but... in iVMS, it says the port is 8000. So I changed the Video port to 8000 as well as the other port setting to 8000- all options, nothing works. No signal. BUT- the error seems to be different now...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still getting no signal. I thought it was the ports, but... in iVMS, it says the port is 8000. So I changed the Video port to 8000 as well as the other port setting to 8000- all options, nothing works. No signal. BUT- the error seems to be different now...
leave ports at 80 and rtsp 544 or 8554 check your settings in the nvr...8000 is ONLY used by hikvision software/apps...
You have something set wrong...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What about discovery port #?
doesnt matter...try the various dropdown options under hikvision....
confirm http and rtsp port in the NVR..if the RTSP port is wrong you are wasting your time ....

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: BI & 2 Different IP Networks at the Same Time? Also iOS App?

ok- deleted, and re-added new camera. Put in the IP of the NVR, selected brand/model of NVR. Password. Accepted all defaults in settings.- NOTHING. Went back did it all again, set to 8554 for the port (previous tried 554)- NODDA.

Error is now: Refused; check IP Address and port)

So- either the IP, Port, or soemthing else is off.

Question- on the camera #... I have 5 cameras total. But in iVMS they are named #3-8. I'm choosing camera #5 right now. HOWEVER, when I look in camera settings in iVMS, is says 255 under camera information?

- - - Updated - - -

OH ^^^ 255 is the Device number for the NVR. But perhaps the Cam # is wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Where should I go to confirm that info? iVMS? Or SADP?