Better switching between day & night mode?

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
As I've upgraded my older Dahuas to newer ones that have better low light sensitivity I'm finding that they are TOO sensitive and never switch to night mode (I have some landscape lights that seem to be keeping the camera in day mode). I've already tried the different Sensitivity settings in the Day & Night menu under Camera Conditions, and it's not enough to get the camera to switch to night mode.

I know I can use the profile management to set a fixed time of day the camera should switch between day and night, but given how much variation there is in sunset and sunrise times during different seasons, what I really want is something that changes the day/night cutover time based on the actual sunrise/sunset time in my location (i.e. an astronomical clock). Is there any built-in support for this in Dahua's models T2431 or T5442?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I've upgraded my older Dahuas to newer ones that have better low light sensitivity I'm finding that they are TOO sensitive and never switch to night mode (I have some landscape lights that seem to be keeping the camera in day mode). I've already tried the different Sensitivity settings in the Day & Night menu under Camera Conditions, and it's not enough to get the camera to switch to night mode.

I know I can use the profile management to set a fixed time of day the camera should switch between day and night, but given how much variation there is in sunset and sunrise times during different seasons, what I really want is something that changes the day/night cutover time based on the actual sunrise/sunset time in my location (i.e. an astronomical clock). Is there any built-in support for this in Dahua's models T2431 or T5442?
if you have a pc running 24/7 see Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what I needed! I run on a Mac, but that thread contained the URLs needed to switch Day/Night mode, so I was able to integrate it with my home automation scripting system and I believe it's going to solve my problem. Thanks!

By chance, do you know where I can find the most recent Dahua HTTP API documentation? There are a few other Dahua camera problems I have that I can probably correct with this same scripting technique once I know how to construct the proper URLs. I did a Google search and came up with a few different Dahua API documents, but they didn't even have the VideoInMode[ ] function documented.