Best Windows client for Hik DS-7600 NVR?

gnikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried iSPY, Blue Iris, browser interface and all versions of iVMS-4200 from Hik website, but have not been satisfied with any of them. I have found that the NVR GUI is most reliable, so I use that, but I would like to have live view and playback on desktop PC within LAN. Browser interface would be fine, but neither live view or playback are very reliable or smooth; iVMS-4500 on mobile devices is smoother. Old original install of iVMS-4200 was working okay, but I guess I made a mistake when I uninstalled it and installed newer versions. Now I can't get any version of 4200 to work (302 cannot connect error). I am just testing the system with a single camera, Hik DS-2CD2342WD-I and DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR. NVR is connecting to LAN via EnGenius 5-Ghz wi-fi bridge; with strong signal, throughput seems like it should be more than enough for single camera.

Before I spend a bunch of time trying to get iVMS-4200 to work again, I thought I would ask: For those of you with a Hik NVR, what Windows client have you found works best?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is only one client available, ivms is the only option. The other packages mention are not clients but full VMS

gnikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Guess I will figure out how to make iVMS work.