Best way to get instant notifications?

Edge1

n3wb
Reaction score
for the longest time i used txt alerts but they stopped working right then i used email and that stopped working to the point where you would get the alert hours later.

Would the BI app on Ios fix this issue? looks like you can get alerts from it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
for the longest time i used txt alerts but they stopped working right then i used email and that stopped working to the point where you would get the alert hours later.

Would the BI app on Ios fix this issue? looks like you can get alerts from it.
It would however you will not get an alert image unless you port forward (unsafe) or keep your vpn/zerotier connection on the entire time. A better solution is this by jaydeel. Pushover is only 5 bux for life. Send Pushover notifications with pictures and hyperlinks
You can even set it to keep alerting unless you dismiss the alert and you can set it to override your phones vibrate/silent settings as well.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Added Pushover a little over a month ago based on threads I found on this site, a great app, needs a little configuration but help is here if you run into a snag.

The first 30 days is free, then $5 for a license to maintain functionality. Worth every penny and just bought my $5 license a couple weeks back.

Edge1

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't get it to work! I copy and pasted and changed the required key, token and nothing.

-s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

for using this do i leave alert_path?
attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

My alerts pics are in C;\BlueIris\Alerts\New1\

Also on the pusher website it says it has not seen my phone within a few hours.

I use Win 11 Pro does BI need admin right to run curl.exe

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't get it to work! I copy and pasted and changed the required key, token and nothing.

-s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

for using this do i leave alert_path?
attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\&ALERT_PATH"

My alerts pics are in C;\BlueIris\Alerts\New1\

Also on the pusher website it says it has not seen my phone within a few hours.

I use Win 11 Pro does BI need admin right to run curl.exe
For testing delete everything from -F attachment to the end and see if you get the pushover notification without that. If so, then you know you are pointing to the wrong directory for alerts. I also deleted the custom pushover device and custom pushover sound arguments as I don’t use them.

Also, post your issues in the Pushover thread where those of us that use it can see and help you.

Edge1

n3wb
Reaction score
-s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F

I get nothing putting in the above into BI action.

I did try run it in cmd

curl.exe -s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\nameofajpg"

I will get a alert using that with a pic to the pushover app!

I had to run cmd as admin before it would work even though my account is admin local.

Maybe BI does not have admin rights so it can't run the curl.exe? How do i check, i run BI as a service.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
-s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F

I get nothing putting in the above into BI action.

I did try run it in cmd

curl.exe -s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F "attachment=@D:\BlueIris\Alerts\nameofajpg"

I will get a alert using that with a pic to the pushover app!

I had to run cmd as admin before it would work even though my account is admin local.

Maybe BI does not have admin rights so it can't run the curl.exe? How do i check, i run BI as a service.
Use the Insert Code button at the top of your post to make it more legible when showing commands.

Code:
https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json-s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE" -F
The above line of yours doesn't work because you have the -F with nothing after it. You need to delete the -F since you aren't attaching a file.

In your Windows Account area does the user BI5 have admin access?

Edge1

n3wb
Reaction score
This works and is trigger by BI!

-s --form-string "token=YOUR_TOKEN_HERE" --form-string "user=YOUR_USER_KEY_HERE" --form-string "message=<b>&CAM</b> &MEMO <a href='&WAN/alerts/&ALERT_DB?fulljpeg'>Hi-Res</a> <a href='&WAN/ui3.htm?rec=&ALERT_DB'>UI3</a>" --form-string "html=1" --form-string "device=YOUR_PUSHOVER_DEVICE_NAME(S)_HERE" --form-string "sound=YOUR_PUSHOVER_SOUND_HERE"

So my path to the alerts is wrong. Mine are located at C:\\BlueIris\New1\

I can browse to that folder and see all my alert jpgs so what am i missing?

My alerts images have names like &CAM.%Y%m%d and beside this use default is checked.