Best value PTZ? 2PM is fine

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a consensus of the best value PTZ that has good zoom?

I'm wondering if I should add one

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That Loryta from Andy is fantastic. I had a hard time forking out the money but considering ordering another as a backup. My mailbox is 1 mile from the camera and I can see when the carrier runs. Not clear at all at that distance but still amazing to me.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@samplenhold Thanks for tagging me in sample

Feel free to check my current favorite top 5 list I mentioned in Apr 2020 post HERE as those still are the best (in my testing) out there today. Of that list there are the 2 PTZ’s (49225 & 5A425). My 49225 review HERE and 5A425 HERE . Depending on your install location (lighting, direct sunlight etc) may cause me to recommend one over the other for you.

As I’ve said many times, the 49225 in my opinion is one of the best value in PTZ’s I’ve seen in a long while. The price vs performance is crazy good in the eyes of the purchaser.

With that said I have to point out (as I did to others) that Dahua no longer sells that camera with Native Auto Tracking out of the box. You can still e-enable (depending on who you purchase from, my recommendation being @EMPIRETECANDY) BUT you must keep in mind that this is a custom firwmware, separate to the main FW branch. This means that certain features made available in main branch may never make it to custom version and that Dahua may discontinue the ‘custom’ build at any time whereas the expectation would be that main branch continues. Still a phenomenal camera but I mention that so you have all the facts.

You could say well why not go for the 49425 and you could BUT bear in mind this is not the same sensor/optic pairing (cramming more MP's in) and performs a less optimally in low light than its 49225 brother. I did a long post on this explaining why you shouldn't chase MP's and will link here shortly if you are interested. UPDATE - my post is located HERE

With all of that said, I am also keeping my eye on some of the new advancements I’m seeing in chipsets and optics that could be used soon as well. These could allow for improvements in low light capture and noise reduction as they could allow apertures starting as low as f1.0, f1.2. Just remember on PTZ’s these will be variable apertures based on focal length/zoom of the unit.

HTH