best set up camera dahua fps

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello the gang I'm including a photo I tried a lot of things but in vain, my main goal is to have the best quality with a frame rate of 30 because I don't like it when it's jerky, I I had tried to set the bitrate to 8192 but I had a hard time watching the video from the application it would be said that the camera with difficulty has to drive everything according to you what is the best set up and thanks again for helping me

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that these type of cameras, although are spec'd and capable of these various parameters, real world testing by many of us shows if you try to run these cameras at higher fps and higher bitrates than needed that you will max out the CPU in the camera and then the camera bugs out just long enough that you miss something or video is choppy. My car is rated for 6,000RPM redline, but I am not gonna run it in 3rd gear on the highway at 6,000RPM...same with these types of cameras - gotta keep them under rated capacity. Some may do better than others, but you are running the CPU higher.

Look at all the threads where people came here with a jitter in the video or IVS missing motion or the SD card doesn't overwrite and they were running 30FPS and when people tell them to drop the FPS and they dropped the FPS to 15FPS the camera became stable. As always, YMMV...

Movies on the big screen are shot at 24FPS, I do not think we need 30FPS for our mobile devices and tablets LOL. Shutter speed to capture details is much more important than FPS.

15 FPS is sufficient for surveillance cameras.

And is your camera going thru a router? That can cause it as well as they are not designed to deal with the data demands on these types of cameras.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you for the quick response, the camera is on a poe injector which is connected to my home internet, it's true what you're saying, I'm going to lower the fps to 15 and raise the bitrate to 8192 better image quality with lower fps thank you again

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the main and secondary stream must you be at the same parameter, and the iframe what its used and how much should be placed

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, you should match FPS on main and sub streams. You should also match iframe to FPS

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I Frame is a complete image in the video, like a full JPG picture. Other frames in the video, P and B frames, contain partial image information, just the parts of the image that have changed from the previous frame.

Lower iframe intervals has the benefit of allowing more efficient seeking through clips, motion-triggered recording can start more promptly, and in some cases it will help make an unstable video stream become more stable.

superpatpat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you very much for all your information this site is great especially to people like you to help

Reaction score
What @wittaj states above is true. However, the recommendation to match I frame to Frame Rate is based on using Blue Iris as the video software. I run all my cams at 15fps except for my LPR cams which run at 25FPS (see below). I have no issues at all with these, but they are 2MP cams.

1622673786119.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for advice. Does this rule of thumb apply with all cameras?
If using Blue Iris, then yes. If using an NVR or SD card, then it isn't as critical

The BI developer has indicated that for best reliability, the iframe rates should equal the FPS, but at worse case be no more than double. In BI, the KEY value (FPS/iframes) should be 1.00 A value of 0.5 or less is considered insufficient to trust for motion triggers reliably...

A key of 0.25 means that if the object can be in and off of your camera view in under 4 seconds, it will miss the motion. Make the key 0.10 and that means if an object is not on your screen for longer than 10 seconds, it may miss the motion completely.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If using Blue Iris, then yes. If using an NVR or SD card, then it isn't as critical

The BI developer has indicated that for best reliability, the iframe rates should equal the FPS, but at worse case be no more than double. In BI, the KEY value (FPS/iframes) should be 1.00 A value of 0.5 or less is considered insufficient to trust for motion triggers reliably...

A key of 0.25 means that if the object can be in and off of your camera view in under 4 seconds, it will miss the motion. Make the key 0.10 and that means if an object is not on your screen for longer than 10 seconds, it may miss the motion completely.
thanks for clarifying. I use the NVR and i usually set my fps to 15 :) . I will set my iFrames to 15 now