Best PTZ Camera options? (Could be a -treat yourself- budget)

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to order a few more cameras including a PTZ. (Going even bigger than I was expecting with Andy's sale this weekend!)

Budget is conceivably <= $2,000 (if it's worth it). The camera will be used for recording/tracking animals in the backyard (without light at night, but with external IR floodlights). I'm assuming Dahua auto-tracking will ignore animals, does that rule out Dahua cameras entirely? Are there any reputable PTZ cameras that will track animals? I have other 5442 spotter cameras if they will work.

I did search a bit and see the 49425 mentioned frequently here, as see a well as a couple other < $1000 options as part of Andy's sale. (SD5A425XA and SD6CE445XA). All 3 seem to be 4MP 1/2.8 sensor cameras? Is that common for PTZ cameras or is it a value/budget thing?

I saw one user mention a SD6AL433XA which is 4MP 1/1.8, I just can't find a price on it other than around $1600? Are there other 4MP 1/1.8 options? (Even if not included in Andy's sale, but that he is able to obtain)

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
People have kinda figured some workarounds and there is a thread here somewhere that discusses that.

The other option would be to buy a cheaper no name non AI camera and recognize it may not last long or be as good.