Best motion detection for this scene

JK200SX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have just set up BI at my parents house, and have a question about motion detection/alerts for one particular camera. The camera is a HDW2531 and the scene is as shown in the photo below:

1701647876658.png

I have already used the zone map feature in BI to block out movement on the road (and have a clone recording 24hrs for that), but I am having a lot of problems when its wind and the tree branches are moving a lot. What are some techniques that others have employed in a situation like this? If I reduce the sensitivity settings in the motion detector then it sometimes misses people walking on the grass. Can tripwire or intrusion be used somehow?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your replies.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, use the on-cam IVS tripwire/intrusion detection instead of BI's motion detection. That should be much better as far as false alerts.

JK200SX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Mike. I think I know how to setup IVS in the camera, but how do I get that to come up as an alert in BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a complex scene with lots of close up moving leaves, just use codeproject AI with blue iris or the AI built into the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera is part of the lite series, so it doesn't have AI built-in, so the IVS and motion detection of the camera isn't going to be as good.

As suggested, use CodeProject AI within BI.

If you want to try the IVS from the camera to trigger in BI, then follow this:

Set up the IVS rules within the camera and let it do its thing!

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI:

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers" or External Triggers depending on your version.

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" or External input box depending on your version.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.