Best mini PTZ ?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the best valued mini ptz with AI?
I need low light, AI capable, mini ptz (smaller the better)
Needs to work in my dahua system.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is intended use?

This is considered a mini-PTZ - is it too large for your needs?

Do keep in mind they all kinda operate like your 49425 that you could never get going, so you may be stuck with the same experience, especially if you plan to replace it with a new PTZ...

Yeh too big, i want them as spotter cameras to zoom into 1 spot at night about 35 meters away to trigger my bigger ptz to that spot and track. My current spotter cams from Andy don't pick up intrusion etc at that distance

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What cameras are you trying for spotter cams? Are they fixed cams or varifocal and if so what focal lengths?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What cameras are you trying for spotter cams? Are they fixed cams or varifocal and if so what focal lengths?
5842 i think, variable focal, 2.8-12mm. I can't use zoom as i loose my FOV i need. Currently sitting about 6mm to try get the 35m corner i want. Detects intrusion or tripwire during the day about 80% of the time. Night time doesn't detect the 35-40m away intrusion.
So i was going to use a ptz to zoom into that spot at night to trigger my tracking ptz. Then during the day it can zoom out and cover the FOV.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that isn't enough focal length. You would need at least 32mm to 60mm or so.

What about a fixed cam like the 5442-Z4E or the 5241-Z12E or do you want another PTZ?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I already look like a freak with so many cameras.
Na i need soemthing to auto zoom on that area at night then auto zoom out during the day