Best lowlight clear 2MP or 3MP IP Camera - Who is on top these days?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice to be here and looks like a bunch of very knowledgeable IP Cam experts here! :)

I have a computer repair shop and play around with ip cameras...

Have a few from Linovision / Wodsee / Jovision/ Generic Ebay 5MP cams

So many chipsets, so many little things etc that make a camera. Its getting very confusing for me.

Starlight from what I understand is better than DNR and DWNR.

All my cameras look about the same except for Linovision. They seem little better on quality.

Just wondering in your opinion whats the best / sharpest camera for the $110-$130 USD price range? ( As of March 2016 ) Any clear leaders?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That all depends on the application. What are you going to use it for? Inside, outside? Are you looking for bullet, dome, turret, etc?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For that price Longse xxxxS500 series. They have 5 megapixel IMX178 in various bodies, this is the one I am currently using:
LRDC60S500

http://www.longse.com/Info/View_pro.asp?id=762

Thanks, my application is outdoor. Looking for a bullet/ large style camera that is weatherproof.

Attached is a picture of a basic test I'm doing at shop. On my PC viewer is a big laggy and slow. ( Car passes by, you see it one time in one frame, the image gets block y then clears up. Motion in slow-motion )

Any software or network device you recommend for 8-16 cameras? Do I need a gigabit Poe Switch for better through put? Currently using 10/100 PoE netgear switch

IMG_8282.JPG

klasipca: you sure know your stuff and love longse... you sure you dont work for them :rapture::rapture:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
for 8-16 cameras you'll want your NVR to be Gigabit at least, if they are all plugged into the same switch as the NVR then you can get away with a 10/100 switch that just has a couple Gigabit uplinks.. each camera individually wont need more than ~10Mbit @ full quality, but they add up quickly at the NVR port.. Software wise check out BlueIris, it seems to be the best your going to get.. your going to want a pretty modern CPU to handle 16 h264 cameras without sucking a bunch of electricity.

I have to concur with the above statements, from what I have seen around here Longse is clearly kicking some ass in low light with there massive sensor sizes.. I expect the rest to follow suit in short order.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
As I mentioned IMX178 cams come in different bodies. Turret is what I have but there are different bullets as well. It's not perfect but in terms of low light it's the best for the money.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Really appreciate it.

hoffsta

n3wb
Reaction score
As I mentioned IMX178 cams come in different bodies. Turret is what I have but there are different bullets as well. It's not perfect but in terms of low light it's the best for the money.
This cam looks great. I've never mounted a turret before, do they have 3 axis rotation? I will need to put one on a wall with a little twist to get the angle I need. Thanks!