Best Cheap POE Camera for Driveway monitoring?

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a few Amcrest 3MP bullets and they've done well, but have started failing now that they're out of warranty (of course), so I'm hoping to get something a little more dependable to use with my blue iris server. Is there a good turret/bullet POE camera that everyone agrees is the one to get for under $120?

Here's a screenshot of the FOV that the current one covers:
2017-09-15 09_57_33-Blue Iris Remote View.png

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I put my best cameras on my driveways. Hikvision Darkfighter on one and Dahua Starlight varifocal on the other. Car surfers are the most common kind of vermin around here. Axis Lightfinders on my doors, but they're showing their age a bit and I'm thinking of ditching them for Dahua Starlight varifocal turrets. Maybe. Chinese firmware is still inferior in significant ways that annoy me.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I put my best cameras on my driveways. Hikvision Darkfighter on one and Dahua Starlight varifocal on the other. Car surfers are the most common kind of vermin around here. Axis Lightfinders on my doors, but they're showing their age a bit and I'm thinking of ditching them for Dahua Starlight varifocal turrets. Maybe. Chinese firmware is still inferior in significant ways that annoy me.
How about posting the model numbers for those Dahua units @Kawboy12R?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Q, the ever-popular IPC-HDW5231R-Z varifocal turret. The Swiss Army knife of low light cams.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a few Amcrest 3MP bullets and they've done well, but have started failing now that they're out of warranty (of course), so I'm hoping to get something a little more dependable to use with my blue iris server. Is there a good turret/bullet POE camera that everyone agrees is the one to get for under $120?

Here's a screenshot of the FOV that the current one covers:
View attachment 21803
Hi DebordeD,

I have both the 3MP Amcrest and Dahua varifocal starlight turret - enjoy them both.

The Varifocal Starlight Turret - HDW5231 is really great as it allows you to get a color image at night if you have enough light while other cameras go B and W.