Best analogue dahua HD nvr (non ip) 4 or 8 channel.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to replace a HD nvr for a friend. They currently have 4x analogue HD cameras and want to replace the current nvr which is a pioneer qvis unit.

They want the unit to be preferably a dahua so that it can work with the same mobile app as another nvr they have at another location

Any advice on the best unit they can purchase rather than having to replace all the cameras with IP cameras

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the existing analog cams provide CIF, D1 or at best, 960H resolution, you'd be better off replacing them with newer IP cams of 1080P.

If you insist on keeping and using them, you might consider a hybrid Dahua NVR which handles a few analog cams and provides future use of a few IP cameras.

My Google Fu has failed me today and maybe @fenderman can point to a Dahua or (Hikvision?) model number or a link.

All I came up with is a Monoprice 8+8 CH Hybrid NVR here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to replace a HD nvr for a friend. They currently have 4x analogue HD cameras and want to replace the current nvr which is a pioneer qvis unit.

They want the unit to be preferably a dahua so that it can work with the same mobile app as another nvr they have at another location

Any advice on the best unit they can purchase rather than having to replace all the cameras with IP cameras

There are several different analog HD formats so you need to know which one you have.
Dahua makes pentabrid xvr that work with most except sdi... @bigredfish had experience with these.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got a picture sent to me for the one they have.. Its a qvis pioneer quattro 5 1080p HD nvr
There are several different analog HD formats so you need to know which one you have.
Dahua makes pentabrid xvr that work with most except sdi... @bigredfish had experience with these.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a hybrid maybe. Mainly because they have recently purchased 4 analogue cameras and didn't want to ask them to have to replace all 4 cameras for ip one. So an 8ch with 4 analogue and 4 ip cameras to extend too.

Over time as cameras die or get old I would like to switch them completely to ip but it's too expensive to get a complete switch over straight away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a hybrid maybe. Mainly because they have recently purchased 4 analogue cameras and didn't want to ask them to have to replace all 4 cameras for ip one. So an 8ch with 4 analogue and 4 ip cameras to extend too.

Over time as cameras die or get old I would like to switch them completely to ip but it's too expensive to get a complete switch over straight away.

That qvis was a hybrid, actually a pentabrid, supporting 5 formats including ip...just like the dahua XVR's.