Beginner: Connect DoorBird into Blue Iris

StevenB

n3wb
Reaction score
I know nothing and google has brought me here - -

Could someone give me a short rundown on what I need to do to get this working? I've got it hardwired into my network, but don't know how to find it's IP (or HTTP?) to add to Blue Iris.

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
I know nothing and google has brought me here - -

Could someone give me a short rundown on what I need to do to get this working? I've got it hardwired into my network, but don't know how to find it's IP (or HTTP?) to add to Blue Iris.

Any help is appreciated.
Doorbird/BlueIris Bro!! It took me awhile going through their API documentation to figure out the best way to capture video. There may be a better way using another stream, but I could never get any other streams working in BI. Also, I never tried to setup the audio, becasue I just use the doorbird app when I want to interact, but there are instructions for it in the API document.

For the IP, I setup an IP address for the doorbird on my local router using static DHCP, based on the doorbird's MAC address. Hopefully, your router's admin interface allows this. If not, there are some tools available to help you find the IP, but I would recomend setting up a static IP if possible.

Once it's all setup and you have the IP, just add a new camera in Blue Iris. In the "Network IP camera configuration" window:
Address: rtsp://[DOORBIRD IP]/mpeg/media.amp
Media/video/RTSP port: 554
Discovery/ONVIF port: 8999
User: [login credentials from your digital passport, not the admin one]
Password: [login credentials from your digital passport, not the admin one]
Make: Generic
Model: RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Video Path: /mpeg/media.amp
Params: [leave this blank]
camera: 1

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone please assist? I had BlueIris working fine with the Doorbird. I reset my Doorbird to factory defaults and then readded it with the new userpass. Now I get RTSP errors but BlueIris shows data transfer.

Theres no username/password error. It just wont show an image in BI.

The IP is pingable, no firewalls, no other changes. This is VERY weird.

Reaction score
Stupid question inbound: Are you using the factory default username and password (since you say you factory reset it)? I don't have a Doorbird, but on many things when you "factory reset" them that's one of the settings that reverts.

Also quick google shows they have Doorbird models 10X, 20X and 21X - which model do you have because I don't see in the original post?

Also if the Doorbird connects DHCP. then @ANDROMEDA650 recommendation should work, but also you should be able to login to your router and see the device, mac address and assigned IP so make sure that IP is the one you have configured in Blue Iris (it can change after a reset if it is DHCP)!

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So by doing a factory reset, it gives you a username and password (basically a new Passport) so im using those credentials.

I have the D2101V, the latest one with RFID.

It does use DHCP, but in my router i reserved the IP and assigned it to its MAC.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone?

Still cant get it working. I can see the live image via a webrbwoser

Opening 192.168.0.141 port 80...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2018-05-03T06:36:58.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Bird Home Automation
Model: DoorBird_D2101V
FirmwareVersion: 000111
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is profile_1_h264
first source is 0
requesting URI for profile profile_1_h264
RTSP URI: /mpeg/media.amp
RelayOutputs: 2
RelayOutput: 1/Monostable/open
RelayOutput: 2/Monostable/open
InputConnectors: 1
Done

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you had any luck with this?

I have two Doorbirds and BlueIris is monitoring the RTSP stream using the method someone outlined above.

I had installed one a month or so ago and it was working great. POE installation and Blue Iris was monitoring the RTSP stream. I liked it so I ordered a second one: and the first one died after I placed the order. I could ping the device: but the app didn't work nor did the RTSP stream. The web API also didn't work.

I took it down and noticed the connector to the ethernet port was loose and it actually fell off shortly after. I called the company and they sent me a replacement.

I put the second Doorbird in place of the old one and monitored the ONVIF stream and it worked fine. The replacement came and I installed that in the front door. That is working well (POE again), but I noticed that the RTSP stream on the second one I ordered has died. Blue IRIS shows no stream anymore. I can't open it with VLC either: but I can open the replacement RTSP stream.

However, the app works this time around as well as the web interface (dha-api). Just the RTSP stream isn't responding. I checked to make sure the ONVIF stream is on: and the user has API priveleges. (It is almost as if the Doorbird doesn't like a second one in the house)

Anyone?

Still cant get it working. I can see the live image via a webrbwoser

Opening 192.168.0.141 port 80...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2018-05-03T06:36:58.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: Bird Home Automation
Model: DoorBird_D2101V
FirmwareVersion: 000111
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is profile_1_h264
first source is 0
requesting URI for profile profile_1_h264
RTSP URI: /mpeg/media.amp
RelayOutputs: 2
RelayOutput: 1/Monostable/open
RelayOutput: 2/Monostable/open
InputConnectors: 1
Done

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Follow up: on one of the Blue Iris upgrades recently: DoorBird was added. I selected the MPEG stream with the http of the cam with the login and everything is showing up. I even get audio now!

Edit: The RTSP stream still doesn't work on that one camera: and thus I can't use that camera with the Monacle skill on my alexa...

Have you had any luck with this?

I have two Doorbirds and BlueIris is monitoring the RTSP stream using the method someone outlined above.

I had installed one a month or so ago and it was working great. POE installation and Blue Iris was monitoring the RTSP stream. I liked it so I ordered a second one: and the first one died after I placed the order. I could ping the device: but the app didn't work nor did the RTSP stream. The web API also didn't work.

I took it down and noticed the connector to the ethernet port was loose and it actually fell off shortly after. I called the company and they sent me a replacement.

I put the second Doorbird in place of the old one and monitored the ONVIF stream and it worked fine. The replacement came and I installed that in the front door. That is working well (POE again), but I noticed that the RTSP stream on the second one I ordered has died. Blue IRIS shows no stream anymore. I can't open it with VLC either: but I can open the replacement RTSP stream.

However, the app works this time around as well as the web interface (dha-api). Just the RTSP stream isn't responding. I checked to make sure the ONVIF stream is on: and the user has API priveleges. (It is almost as if the Doorbird doesn't like a second one in the house)

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Follow up: on one of the Blue Iris upgrades recently: DoorBird was added. I selected the MPEG stream with the http of the cam with the login and everything is showing up. I even get audio now!

Edit: The RTSP stream still doesn't work on that one camera: and thus I can't use that camera with the Monacle skill on my alexa...
FYI: Doorbird was added to BI months ago.
Are you certain you don't have an IP conflict?

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI: Doorbird was added to BI months ago.
Are you certain you don't have an IP conflict?
Yeah: I have been a little late to the game in installing the updates. I have BI installed on a VM for 4 cameras (2 Starlights: 2 Doorbirds) right now: I don't log in very often.

At some point as I add cameras I will probably switch over to a dedicated box: but right now it seems to be sipping CPU: although I have given that VM a lot of cores.

I don't believe I have a conflict: I have my Edge Router static map IPs to all of my cameras. Anything with a dedicated IP is usually really low in the subnet for me.

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi i have a similar issue

The mjeg profile works fine in blueirs but when switching to rtsp it doesnt work. However i can open the rtsp url via vlc on the same machine without issues...

Use a ds102s

Any help would be appreciated

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi i have a similar issue

The mjeg profile works fine in blueirs but when switching to rtsp it doesnt work. However i can open the rtsp url via vlc on the same machine without issues...

Use a ds102s

Any help would be appreciated

Hi i just found the issue with the doorbird rtsp stream not working.

Disable hardware acceleration decoding for this camera!

Regards

Barr

ccutrer

n3wb
Reaction score

Regards

Barr

Yep, this totally fixed it for me. Now I get 1280x720 instead of 640x480.

PJG

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, this totally fixed it for me. Now I get 1280x720 instead of 640x480.
Can you post some photos of your installation. Do you have a door chime connected to the unit?

ccutrer

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have 3 chimes. I have a CAT6a shielded home run to my network area that provides power and data, and then a CAT5 to a two-gang box where the main floor chime is, and a transformer. The doorbird is mounted to a standard single gang electrical box to give me plenty of room for wiring behind (I had to drill holes in the mounting plate to fit the screw arrangement of the box). Then two more CAT5 from the two-gang box to the other two chimes. I ended up just using (small) wire nuts to connect the CAT5 to the chime lead, because the water-tight connectors that came with the door bird didn't work (too small of gauge for CAT5?).

Attachments

Reaction score

Regards

Barr

How do you disable hardware acceleration for camera? Is it in Blue Iris or camera setting? Can't seem to locate. Thank you.