Bedtime

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A relatively decent looking and dressed woman in her mid 20s parked her car outside my neighbor's house sleeping and ordering take out to that spot. She left maybe 7-8 days later after my neighbor talked to her and threaten to call the cops few years ago.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, super interested in using a body cam. Way too many interesting moments in person. Eliminates the temptation to "film" instead of act.

All that said, I've probably slept in a car half a dozen times in my youth when I wasn't sober enough to drive.

The super weird thing about me is that I lived in my Subaru for almost 2 years, parking in a defunct Home Depot parking lot. I worked 13hr shifts, so I'd sleep in the car, go to the gym to work out and shower, go to work, rinse and repeat. My 3.5 day weekends I'd go to my parents to wash clothes and help out. I was banking about 90% of my paycheck back then.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You wear a body cam while out walking? Where did you get it?
It's a CammPro 1440P128G Body Camera purchased from Amazon.com. I've got two of them. As of September 22, 2023, they're selling for $169.13 with a $15.00 coupon available to lower the cost. You need to also purchase the CammPro Body Camera Magnetic Mount to hold it onto your clothing. I wear it every morning on my over four mile walk and sometimes in the daytime if I need to record something. While I gave it a one-star review on Amazon due to some shortcomings (like not having a removeable memory card), the body cam has been an incredibly important device for dealing with dangerous dogs in my area. The dog problem has mostly gone away after a stunning number of complaints to Lubbock Animal Services with pictures and video of vicious dogs being let loose by their owners since I purchased the cameras in late December 2022 and January 2023. I just wish we could purchase some body cameras with image stabilization at a reasonable price.

The software is quirky. But once I got it working on my computer, it's been flawless. I'm very happy with the camera.

Here's a daytime video of it in use:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a CammPro 1440P128G Body Camera purchased from Amazon.com. I've got two of them. As of September 22, 2023, they're selling for $169.13 with a $15.00 coupon available to lower the cost. You need to also purchase the CammPro Body Camera Magnetic Mount to hold it onto your clothing. I wear it every morning on my over four mile walk and sometimes in the daytime if I need to record something. While I gave it a one-star review on Amazon due to some shortcomings (like not having a removeable memory card), the body cam has been an incredibly important device for dealing with dangerous dogs in my area. The dog problem has mostly gone away after a stunning number of complaints to Lubbock Animal Services with pictures and video of vicious dogs being let loose by their owners since I purchased the cameras in late December 2022 and January 2023. I just wish we could purchase some body cameras with image stabilization at a reasonable price.

The software is quirky. But once I got it working on my computer, it's been flawless. I'm very happy with the camera.

Good post.

I couldn't help but notice natural gas meters out in the alley just 3 or 4 feet next to where vehicles have obviously traveled.....not a good combo, IMO. :wtf:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good post.

I couldn't help but notice natural gas meters out in the alley just 3 or 4 feet next to where vehicles have obviously traveled.....not a good combo, IMO. :wtf:
The owner way down the alley called the dog back and it actually minded her! If the dog had kept charging toward me, I would have activated the green laser on the gun, held the gun with both hands, and not fired until it was within about eight feet of me. I also kept a longer version of the video in case the woman called the police and made up a story, but she wisely didn't. I did notify Lubbock Animal Services about the incident.

I've had the gun out several times this year when pit bulls, Rottweilers, or German Shepherds have charged toward me. Funny thing is not one owner has called the police. I've called the police numerous times along with animal control. In Texas, state law overrides city ordinances stating you can't fire a gun in city limits; when it comes to threatening dogs, you have the right to terminate the dog. Of course, you're responsible for wherever a stray bullet goes, so firing a gun is a last resort.

SodFather09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

What type of gun is that ? Dog almost got it.