Bait Packages

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone put a bait package at their door to see if they can catch someone stealing it

My LPR cam has been doing awesome, so I just put a package on the porch with the name/address removed and just some off-cuts of 2x4 in there. I'm interested to see if someone will actually steal it with 1000 cameras around, and then if I can get a plate

Its a felony here in TX

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I have enough real "bait" packages coming to the house on a near daily basis. Never had one taken here. Other areas obviously that may not apply.

I doubt that most would even notice the cams. As I've said in some other threads, I've had cams up for many years and +90% of people never notice them even though they're fairly obvious. I've made no attempt to hide mine. Most are just oblivious and/or involved in whatever they're doing and don't.

Reaction score
You know, that is a good idea. I have some old, broken electronics I could put in the box. I even have an old flat screen 24" monitor that the secret blue smoke escaped from. Trying to get rid of old electronics is a bummer. Wish I had kept the box that the replacement came in. That would have been perfect.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've still got spent old batteries laying around in the garage from my UPSs. Picking up a box with 3 or 4 of them in it, a thief would think that he/she hit the jackpot! :p

Only problem is that it just (as always, not trying to jinx myself) doesn't happen around here... ;)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, that is a good idea. I have some old, broken electronics I could put in the box. I even have an old flat screen 24" monitor that the secret blue smoke escaped from. Trying to get rid of old electronics is a bummer. Wish I had kept the box that the replacement came in. That would have been perfect.
LOL you know it would just end up on the side of the road as litter, or at best, in someone else's garbage bin.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Only problem is that it just (as always, not trying to jinx myself) doesn't happen around here... ;)
Honestly I'm not sure it is good for one's mental health to know exactly how much crime goes on around them.

Either the box gets stolen and you now have something to worry and obsess over, or it doesn't, and all you know is that it hasn't been stolen yet.