Bad Port POE Switch err no??

Gus_19

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a Dahua NVR416 with 9 Dahua IPC HDW4300C cameras and one SD22204T-GN IP. The first 4 cameras are connected to a BV Tech 4+1 gigabit switch. These cameras have worked flawlessly the past 4-5 weeks. Today, I just connected the 22204t-GN camera (to a different channel and different POE switch altogether) and now, for whatever reason, the camera on the first port of the BV Tech 4+1 gigabit switch is acting up. The camera connects fine, but after a few seconds, I get the error "offline" and then a few seconds later "cannot connect to host." I've already disconnected the cat5 cable and to reset the camera as well as deleted it and re-added it to my NVR, but I keep getting the same issue. I am just wondering if it is a bad POE switch or if I should dig deeper. The process of connecting and losing connection seems to keep going in a cycle. Any suggestions?

As for the NVR, it reports I have only used approximately 29mbs of the alotted 200mbps given.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have a Dahua NVR416 with 9 Dahua IPC HDW4300C cameras and one SD22204T-GN IP. The first 4 cameras are connected to a BV Tech 4+1 gigabit switch. These cameras have worked flawlessly the past 4-5 weeks. Today, I just connected the 22204t-GN camera (to a different channel and different POE switch altogether) and now, for whatever reason, the camera on the first port of the BV Tech 4+1 gigabit switch is acting up. The camera connects fine, but after a few seconds, I get the error "offline" and then a few seconds later "cannot connect to host." I've already disconnected the cat5 cable and to reset the camera as well as deleted it and re-added it to my NVR, but I keep getting the same issue. I am just wondering if it is a bad POE switch or if I should dig deeper. The process of connecting and losing connection seems to keep going in a cycle. Any suggestions?

As for the NVR, it reports I have only used approximately 29mbs of the alotted 200mbps given.
Check for an ip address conflict.

Gus_19

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I had checked that. No other devices found to be on that IP and tried another 'unused' one, but still get same issue. I've also switched the camera to a different port. The same camera still loses connection and continues to cycle through the "offline" and "can not find the network host" error messages.

I've also been able to successfully ping the camera from cmd prompt and verified with the arp -a command no ip conflict.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you keep the ping open continuously does it drop any packets? or is it just the video feed? have you tried TCP over the default RTSP of UDP?

Gus_19

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't drop any packets with a continuous ping openping 2jpg.jpg. As for the video feed, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. When I login to the camera thru IE, the video feed is uninterrupted and I am able to add the camera to my NVR each time, but a few seconds after the camera is added to the NVR, I get an error message "offline" and then a few seconds after that I get an error "can not connect to network host" and then a few more seconds after that the video feed will come up and then it cycles through the error screens to video screen again.

I already am connecting the camera via TCP since I'm not really familiar with setting up RTSP of UDP.

It also appears when I remove the camera from the NVR, I am able to successfully log in to the camera and watch the live feed with no issues through IE (I've kept it up and running for about 5 minutes with no issues), but as soon as I add it to the NVR, I get the errors and can't login direction to the camera with IE either.

Last edited by a moderator: