Baby Monitor?

cwilson1996

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Odd question. Does anyone recommend a secure and good quality baby monitor? Wanted to see if there were any secure options out there. Would be nice if they support ONVIF haha.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^ regarding the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi via a dedicated AP. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good timing as the cheapo P/T cam died and kid #2 is on the way. Any cheapo cam is fine in my view, but might as well get something that's useful for after the kiddo grows up. Wish the Amcrest here had PoE, but it seems that feature is only on more expensive cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good timing as the cheapo P/T cam died and kid #2 is on the way. Any cheapo cam is fine in my view, but might as well get something that's useful for after the kiddo grows up. Wish the Amcrest here had PoE, but it seems that feature is only on more expensive cameras.
Now the white is $40 too...it wasn't when I posted the link yesterday....even better timing for you! :)