B5442E-ZE video jumping back and forth.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is this caused by a recording setting I can change? This really messes up my owl video. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Attachments

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This looks like the NVR is set to only record a VERY short time upon movement trigger. I'm not familiar with NVR controls. Someone else with an NVR could probably help.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember you posted something similar in another thread. Do you see this when reviewing the recorded event on only after exporting?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is Smart PSS. When I try to change from 5 to 6 I get this message. So I would think that 5 is the max. I'd think that the UI should have been correct to begin with. Guess I'll check the camera UI and see what it says there..

Attachments

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen this problem your experiencing. When you have motion detection setup as well as IVS setup to be recorded. It seems to cause a clash with motion recordings. I'm guessing you don't have any other recording schedule setup as per the basic indication of the Smart PSS screenshot. Perhaps the alarm schedule may be a conflict?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've seen this problem your experiencing. When you have motion detection setup as well as IVS setup to be recorded. It seems to cause a clash with motion recordings. I'm guessing you don't have any other recording schedule setup as per the basic indication of the Smart PSS screenshot. Perhaps the alarm schedule may be a conflict?
I turned off the alarm. What is IVS? Excuse my ignorance please. I am nervous about changing things I don't fully understand.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recording ONLY motion events isnt a good idea. You see the results
I have had it set to record full time since the 26th. I see in the camera UI it says to set the pre-record between 1-30 everywhere else it says 1-5.. Then the second screen capture is also from the cam ui and it says 5. I'd think I should have it at 5 since the camera ui is the only one that lets me raise it above 5.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I’ve seen that with SMD and IVS

check on the camera UI that you don’t have Smart plan and IVS running on that camera

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I’ve seen that with SMD and IVS

check on the camera UI that you don’t have Smart plan and IVS running on that camera
I have never seen this page before. I do not have smart plan selected. And I don't have alarm set either. I'm still not sure what or where IVS is to check it. But I guess it isn't relevant since I don't have smart plan selected.

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had not looked at the video that I uploaded here. I assumed it would look the same showing the original timeline.. I just noticed that you can't see the correct time on my video. What you should be seeing is the time jumps backwards when the image jumps. It is like the full time record is avoiding the motion record. You probably already know that but I wanted you to be aware as soon as the playback line reaches the motion it jumps back. Sometimes it will even jump over it completely. Many times on playback I have a hard time viewing the motion area because it wants to jump over it. Could this point you towards what the problem is hopefully.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have never seen this page before. I do not have smart plan selected. And I don't have alarm set either. I'm still not sure what or where IVS is to check it. But I guess it isn't relevant since I don't have smart plan selected.
OK good that you dont have IVS enabled on the camera
HINT: IVS is right below SmartPLan on your image

Check that its not enabled on your NVR