Averdigi NV7000H

developer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My first post, but I'd like to begin by saying that this is an excellent site. Reading through much of the threads reveals a lot of talent and good info!

I have a legacy Averdigi NV7000H. Perhaps someone is familiar with it? Perhaps not. 8-channel hardware-encoded 264. A dependable card.

I am trying to integrate new cams with it. I'm using the Hikvision 2103's. I can get video & audio using RTSP, but there is no way that I can send PTZ commands because Hik uses PUT under the covers.

The gui for the 7000H is a modded version of their CMS 3000 package. I really like the functionality as I can click on a cam window and the PTZ gui comes alive and configures itself for that cam. 1 control, many cams.

I have asked them for info on modding the package with an SDK/API, but they say that they don't have anything to hand out. So, I dove into their PTZ app. It gets messages from the main app and a lot of other things, such as the registry location for the cam settings, thread ids, etc., but so far, it's a bitch to build a replacement.

For proof of concept, I wrote a look-alike PTZ app in javafx which can drive a single cam. It is an incomplete work and has no integration with the Averdigi NVR.

I am trying not to dump the card and Aver software, but the Hik cams are feature rich and give a lot of bang for the buck. I want to move towards standardizing on their cams. I tried their software NVR, but PTZ and playback (two functions that get heavy use here), are not well integrated into the GUI.

So, I guess I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any experience hacking the Averdigi software NVR code or some ideas that I haven't thought of yet.

I've been down the blue iris and iSpy path. I actually helped to integrate 2103s into iSpy, but neither is as easy and intuitive as the Averdigi software NVR for this card.

Thanks in advance for any comments/ideas.