AUTOCYCLE PRESET NOT WORKING IN B.I.

cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
hi !
i have installed a panoramic ip dome cam along seaside where i live
Ptz is working properly and ip camera moves but even if preset have been set it doesn t make any patrol automatically in autocycle.
I have set autocycle option in B.I. and all parameters but no way
Blue iris have set automatically as an Onvif IP camera
Maybe it need right camera model to work
Someone can help me ?
I can send B.I. access remotely if needed to understand the problem and try to solve it
thanks in advance
Carlo

cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
hi Tony !
thanks for reply
unfortunately it is a no brand ip dome
bought in Aliexpress
when i made set up BI has recognized it as an Onvif cam (even if onvif manager doesn't see it)
Ptz works. I have set 4 preset through app in android YCC365. preset works properly with YCC365 but no way to automate them through BI with autocycle active
If you wish and have small time i can give you access to the ip cam
Maybe you can manage to solve
thanks in advance !

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Just be aware that PTZ cameras have a very finite number of motor actions before these components will wear out. The number of cycles seems really high and unapproachable, but it is actually very easy to wear out a PTZ camera by using an automatic patrol. For example, if your patrol is set to cycle every 15 seconds (which is actually on the long side) that still equates to 5,760 separate camera movements every day or over 2.1 million movements a year. Speed the patrol up to 10 seconds on each view and the number of movements increases to over 3.1 million per year. If your camera continued to move reliably more than 2-3 years, I would be shocked.

cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
Just be aware that PTZ cameras have a very finite number of motor actions before these components will wear out. The number of cycles seems really high and unapproachable, but it is actually very easy to wear out a PTZ camera by using an automatic patrol. For example, if your patrol is set to cycle every 15 seconds (which is actually on the long side) that still equates to 5,760 separate camera movements every day or over 2.1 million movements a year. Speed the patrol up to 10 seconds on each view and the number of movements increases to over 3.1 million per year. If your camera continued to move reliably more than 2-3 years, I would be shocked.
hello!
thanks for reply
i need to move each preset every 300 seconds (5 minutes) so it is not a heavy work
unfortunately it is a no brand ip dome
bought in Aliexpress
when i made set up BI has recognized it as an Onvif cam (even if onvif manager doesn't see it)
Ptz works. I have set 4 preset through app in android YCC365. preset works properly with YCC365 but no way to automate them through BI with autocycle active
If you wish and have small time i can give you access to the ip cam
Maybe you can manage to solve
thanks in advance for help!

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
If the auto-cycle works as expected on the camera, why do you want to try to move that functionality to BI? BI will simply capture the stream as the camera broadcasts it, so BI records whatever the camera is pointed at even when it moves to the next preset.

If your camera really doesn't have "tour" functionality where it cycles between the selected presets and you are looking into a way to program BI to command the camera to move automatically, the camera is going to need a published API with commands listed to change the camera to a preset location. If you know the proper commands, then you can probably program "actions" within BI to send the command to change presets on a regular schedule (every 5 minutes). If your camera doesn't have that third party control ability (or it's not published/available), then I don't see a way to have BI do this. BI can't magically do something the camera doesn't allow for.

Last edited:

cargo1965

n3wb
Reaction score
If the auto-cycle works as expected on the camera, why do you want to try to move that functionality to BI? BI will simply capture the stream as the camera broadcasts it, so BI records whatever the camera is pointed at even when it moves to the next preset.

If your camera really doesn't have "tour" functionality where it cycles between the selected presets and you are looking into a way to program BI to command the camera to move automatically, the camera is going to need a published API with commands listed to change the camera to a preset location. If you know the proper commands, then you can probably program "actions" within BI to send the command to change presets on a regular schedule (every 5 minutes). If your camera doesn't have that third party control ability (or it's not published/available), then I don't see a way to have BI do this. BI can't magically do something the camera doesn't allow for.
Thanks a lot for reply
Your answer was clear
Android app YCC365 has possibility to set preset but not possibility to have tour automatically
I have tried to reach the camera through browser with ip address locally but it doesn't open it
Onvif manager doesn't see even if BI consider it as an Onvif camera
Preset in YCC365 work but not in BI.
When I ask for inspecting in BI it opens the following result:

Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/Imaging
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
profile token Profile_1
profile name mainStream
profile source is VideoSource_1
profile source config is VideoSourceToken
profile token Profile_2
profile name subStream
profile source is VideoSource_1
profile source config is VideoSourceToken
requesting URI for profile Profile_1
RTSP URI: /0/av0
requesting URI for profile Profile_2
RTSP URI: /0/av1
Has Event services: /onvif/Events
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/PTZ
Done

Unfortunately I don't find any commands listed to change the camera to a preset location
It is a pity because the image coming from camera is excellent but there is no way to make tour 180 degrees along the seaside
I think I will move in the future to another ip dome camera
Anyway thanks a lot for help

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear, are you using the auto-cycle button down in the PTZ controls in Blue Iris?

I've never actually used PTZ auto-cycle so I have no idea if Blue Iris's ONVIF PTZprofile is capable of it.

I know that in the past, the Blue Iris developer has been willing to reverse engineer PTZ profiles for people when asked via the support email, but it is necessary to provide them with remote access to the camera's HTTP and RTSP ports and a user account on the camera with PTZ permissions. Exposing a camera to the internet these days is a recipe for a malware infection, so good luck is all I can say.