Auto/Smart tracking PTZ

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE and Hikvision DS-2DE4A225IW-DE.
Are there any other Hikvision PTZ's (preferably mini PTZ) with auti/smart tracking that are less than $500?

Pierrre

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2DE4A425IW installed at a customers farm and its autotracking is very average and definitely not smart. Gets lost and zooms off or looks directly down while spinning around :)
I'm assuming its so bad they snuck this into the last uk firmware update

*V5.7.3 220315
Remove auto-tracking functions on DE4A

My wholesaler no longer has autotracking in the description. I've got another job with the 2DF8225IX ptz and thats waaaaay better but so it should be, it was over £1000.

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea, that was actually one of the first ones i looked at but I dont really want to buy from Aliexpress and I have heard that people can't get the ptz functions from a Dahua camera to work on the Amcrest app. And since I have eveything else Amcrest, I don't want to risk buying something that may not work from Aliexpress.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea, that was actually one of the first ones i looked at but I dont really want to buy from Aliexpress and I have heard that people can't get the ptz functions from a Dahua camera to work on the Amcrest app. And since I have eveything else Amcrest, I don't want to risk buying something that may not work from Aliexpress.
If you can wait a little while, I suspect the camera will appear on other sites - like Amazon, and hopefully the continue to clean up the software as well. With a little time, this model might tick all your check boxes......

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you buy it from @EMPIRETECANDY at his AliExpress you are good to go. Or wait for it to finally show up on Amazon in the next two weeks.

But I am confused - why did you ask for a Hikvision model if you now say everything else you have is Amcrest?

Amcrest is made by Dahua so it would stand that a Dahua would be more compatible with Amcrest than Hikvision...

My neighbors Dahua PTZ works just fine with the Amcrest app.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
If you buy it from @EMPIRETECANDY at his AliExpress you are good to go. Or wait for it to finally show up on Amazon in the next two weeks.

But I am confused - why did you ask for a Hikvision model if you now say everything else you have is Amcrest?

Amcrest is made by Dahua so it would stand that a Dahua would be more compatible with Amcrest than Hikvision...

My neighbors Dahua PTZ works just fine with the Amcrest app.
I asked Amcrest about other brands of cameras that would work with their NVRs and they said Hikvision and Reolink

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I asked Amcrest about other brands of cameras that would work with their NVRs and they said Hikvision and Reolink
Well they lied to you LOL.

Actually I am surprised they offered anything. Most of the time they will say to only use their stuff to ensure compatibility. Do a search here.

Reolink only works "best" with Reolinks and by best I mean compatibility, not performance of the camera. Do a search here.

Dahua will be much more compatible with Amcrest than Hikvision since Dahua makes Amcrest...but I already told you that in your other thread...and creating a new thread asking the same thing will result in the same answer LOL...

But any camera that claims to have ONVIF support can be brought in to the Amcrest environment, you just will lose some features of the camera.

Best advice is to stick with the same brand camera and NVR or at least OEM of the brand. Dahua will have a much easier time working with Amcrest app than Hikvision will.

Last edited:

simcoetm

n3wb
Reaction score
Well they lied to you LOL.

Actually I am surprised they offered anything. Most of the time they will say to only use their stuff to ensure compatibility. Do a search here.

Reolink only works "best" with Reolinks and by best I mean compatibility, not performance of the camera. Do a search here.

Dahua will be much more compatible with Amcrest than Hikvision since Dahua makes Amcrest...but I already told you that in your other thread...and creating a new thread asking the same thing will result in the same answer LOL...

But any camera that claims to have ONVIF support can be brought in to the Amcrest environment, you just will lose some features of the camera.

Best advice is to stick with the same brand camera and NVR or at least OEM of the brand. Dahua will have a much easier time working with Amcrest app than Hikvision will.
I am not always asking the same thing. It is usually about specific products. I also may get answers from other people. It's better to get opinions from different people's knowledge and experience than just one or two. As I gain more information (such as what Amcrest told me), then my research my change slightly. Sometimes I get conflicting information so I try to get other opinions. Also, I don't want to lose any features of the cameras and Amcrest doesn't have what I want, so that is why I have been looking at others. Since Amcrest doesn't have what I want, it seems that Dahua and Hikvision are my best bets for getting what I want with a better chance of full functionality.