Audio recording - my benefit, not yours!

TrumanHW

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR616R-64-4KS2

While using the above NVR with say, the:

EBW81230-Z Fisheye 4k ... that has a built in mic, can I turn this off, and KNOW that it's off?

Use a password that local law enforcement couldn't break to "bug" my business more conveniently than installing wire-taps?

Does anyone have ideas for how I could do a similar thing with a truly EXCELLENT audio recorder, such as the Zoom H4n audio recorder, attached (preferably wirelessly) to a camera in which it SYNC'd the audio?

Or -- when I want to literally record people for the best case scenario of documenting their behavior, should I just have mounts for standard HD cameras with shotgun mics that are discrete (all the other cameras will be obvious and signage posted) in order to get THE BEST video and audio sync........?

I would ultimately like to be able to turn ON and off... at will, remote or local, EXPEDIENTLY, the audio record feature.

The H4n would be AWESOME if it could be included in that goal - but... having it when I know a problem customer is coming in is fine enough.

The Dahua EBW81230-Z with the built in mic can make due, I presume.

Are there other DEDICATED mics I could add to cameras, that will be EXCELLENT in quality, which I can point at specific locations and turn on and off at will (presumably in the NVR by unchecking it) without exposing myself to invasions of privacy by my own doing?

Last edited:
Reaction score
can anyone provide me the old firmware version instead of latest one. After upgrading to latest firmware, we are not able to login through smartpss. thanks in advance