audio on Simultaneous / synced playback on smartpss

ss205c

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you tie a mic to the mic in on the NVR, if that audio will play during synced playback of multiple cameras? I have 3 cameras inside watching my nanny, and like to watch the synced playback as she goes from room to room, but audio obviously does not playback since there are multiple cameras that would be playing at the same time. So I was wondering if I attached a mic to the NVR directly and placed the mic in a central area to overhear everything that would be happening on the 3 cameras, if that audio would playback during synced playback?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Mics connected to the nvr typically don't record to the video files. They're really more for an intercom talk and listen type of set up. Each camera will need to have it's own mic, be it an external one or an internal one if it the camera has it. Even the cheap cctv mics pick up a ton of sound so if you centrally locate the mic and have it record to even one camera you'll likely hear audio even from multiple locations.

ss205c

n3wb
Reaction score
Mics connected to the nvr typically don't record to the video files. They're really more for an intercom talk and listen type of set up. Each camera will need to have it's own mic, be it an external one or an internal one if it the camera has it. Even the cheap cctv mics pick up a ton of sound so if you centrally locate the mic and have it record to even one camera you'll likely hear audio even from multiple locations.
Thanks, so there really is no way to get audio when syncing playback between multiple cameras. I guess I'll just hook up individual mics and watch individual playback if I find the need to hear the audio.