Audio Device not available in BI

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't had audio on my records for a while. I decided to look into it. Here are a few printscreens showing what I see. 1 way audio has worked in the past for me. 2 way never has. I think BI used to be able to see my audio devices. Does anyone else have this behavior?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
IF you dont have a mic attached to your pc it will show nothing.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, you need to have a microphone installed for that "other directshow device" option to show your computer microphone's ... I have a Logitech pro 9000 cam w/ microphone build in and it shows there.

But, when you say: "I haven't had audio on my records for a while." , are you trying to record the audio from out side where the camera is installed? or you want to talk to the Microphone and then send to BI and then to Camera outside?

Working on similar project, to have 2 way audio back and foward or it maybe called "
Bidirectional Talk"[h=1][/h]
Thanks.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to get audio that the camera captures. My clips used to contain the audio, now they don't.
You are both right, the mic drop down is empty because I don't have one attached. I am just trying to find a setting or something that is causing the issue...

Reaction score
That is the wrong screen. First go into your camera's setting screen and make sure the camera is set to output audio. Then in Blue Iris, go the Camera Properties screen and click the Audio tab. Make sure the Enable Audio Channel box is checked, and the rest of the settings are correct.

cameraaudio.JPG

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is what i have:

Camera:
Outdoor HD 1080P IR 2MP POE Network IP Camera Audio ONVIF NightVision

Microphone:
VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone

Speaker:
Rectangular External Communications Speaker

and here is a picture of the BI settings that i have and looks that it does record video with audio when i play within BI.

All the above stuff i am trying to add to my front door, and to have audio and video.

I have not install it yet, just testing... but one question remains "How do i get the audio from Bi Windows software or my phone to talk and to hear it out side to the speaker , and also where and how to connect the wires..." little confusing how it must be done.

Thanks for any advice.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Once you have the Camera Audio set up and the Microphone (if talking from your computer) set up, see first screenshot; you use the buttons in Blue Iris or the App camera screen (looks the same in both headphone and mic icon).

listentalk.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get audio that the camera captures. My clips used to contain the audio, now they don't.
You are both right, the mic drop down is empty because I don't have one attached. I am just trying to find a setting or something that is causing the issue...
It is likely recording but you are not hearing the playback. First things first, in the blue iris options audio tab, set output to "not specified" as instructed...

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ohh Crap, all this time i was thinking that the microphone(microphone by the ip camera) was working fine and i decided to take the camera away from my office to the living room to test and i have no sound if i stay by the ip camera and talk to the microphone! I think i suppose to have a 12v dc adapter on the line to power the microphone?!?!

Still not doing something right...

Hmm

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is likely recording but you are not hearing the playback. First things first, in the blue iris options audio tab, set output to "not specified" as instructed...
I changed that setting and restarted the service. I also checked the camera audio settings. They look good. I have also tested 2 way audio (not just Cam to BI) and it works. I am still confused...

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ohh Crap, all this time i was thinking that the microphone(microphone by the ip camera) was working fine and i decided to take the camera away from my office to the living room to test and i have no sound if i stay by the ip camera and talk to the microphone! I think i suppose to have a 12v dc adapter on the line to power the microphone?!?!

Still not doing something right...

Hmm
I wouldn't try connecting 2 power sources at the same time. If you want to try 12v at the microphone dongle, switch to a standard switch, not poe. Though the mic needing power doesn't really make sense.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score