Audible Alarms

Teeling611

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m trying to get started with a least one camera for my front porch to play with before buying others. I need a camera that will alert me when someone steps onto my porch and set off an audible alarm inside my home. Even better if it could make a light flash, hard of hearing folks. I can’t figure out if BI can do this or is it the camera that does this. Or combination of both. Or can’t be done. So a single camera recommandation would be appreciate. $100 range or less would be best for me. Thanks

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From an nvr both are fairly easy. Probably have to spend a little more on a camera with alarm out wires if you’re not going that route. I’ve seen people here use bi to control Phillips hue lights though.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, the Shelly Wi-Fi smart switches, AC outlets and LED bulbs have a published API, including MQTT, that Blue Iris via HTTP can turn on/off via curl or that can receive input from them. For input to BI I have used them to trigger a cam, change profile and move to a preset; and for output from BI I have turned on lights and sounded an alarm.

Non-Blue Iris devices (such as cams or NVR's) can supply an input to a Shelly and over Wi-Fi activate a lamp, siren or horn attached to another, remote Shelly device on the same Wi-Fi....or anywhere in the world IF using their cloud.

More here ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices *

and here ==>> Wireless siren to Hikvision NVR ?

* NOTE: See attached PDF.

Attachments

Last edited:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From an nvr both are fairly easy. Probably have to spend a little more on a camera with alarm out wires if you’re not going that route. I’ve seen people here use bi to control Phillips hue lights though.
Found this if you’re still trying to figure it out

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, since you've set a budget limit of $100, before I (we) can make attainable suggestions, one question:
What do you have now (i.e. NVR, cam, PC, BI on a PC already) ?

Last edited: