Attempted Break In

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
So yesterday morning I go to my shop and notice the front door handle was not how I left it, the door handle was loose and moved down about 1/2". So my suspicion was up at that point. The door was closed and still locked with the dead bolt, along with the back door. Windows closed and not broken, so I fired up BI and checked the front cameras to see what caused that.

Found a kid trying to get into the front door, then tries one of the rollup doors and then heads back to the front door for a second go. At the end of the clip he looks up and pauses I suspect thats when he sees the camera.

He then disappears to the side of the building for a minute before running though our lot. I will be putting a camera up on the side today.
I showed the video to the Sheriff and they located the suspect an hour later, and he will be paying for a new lock apparently.

Since he is a minor I blurred his face for the youtube one.

I changed out our exterior lights to motion lights so I can leave the outdoor flood off as the cameras work better in total darkness than having the flood on.
Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 8.50.42 AM.png

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At least he didn't mess with any of the vehicles.

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
At least he didn't mess with any of the vehicles.
Yes thankfully he did not.

Glad they caught him.
It was funny the Sheriff, came in and as I am showing him the video he said I bet I know who this is. The story goes he ran out of gas 3-4 miles up the road and was looking for gas or a phone, he had to walk past hundreds of houses before getting to our shop so I don't buy that story. Took a photo of it and then called me an hour later confirming it. Pluses of living in a smaller town I guess.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
pfft minor or not i wouldn't have blocked out his face. criminal is a criminal no matter what age they are or gender or race