Armcrest support is a joke

tbh

n3wb
Reaction score
So my AD110 doorbell went dead after 11 months. I went to Armcrests website and called the number to get it replaced under warranty. First off you get an option on the automated message to hit a number to connect to start a RMA. Wrong, it goes to a non working extension number it says. So I dial there general sales number, I explain to the poorly speaking English lady that the door bell is dead. Nada, nothing, doesnt do a thing. She tells me then that we will reboot it, I explain again ...its dead. You cant reboot a dead unit that doesnt power on. Then she tells me that my transformer must be dead. I explain that I installed a new Reolink doorbell in its place and that works fine. I also explain that I am an electronics tech, just give me a RMA number so I can sent this dead unit back to get replaced. She puts me on hold for 10 minutes. GRRRR. Took at least 10 tries to get her to pronounce the RMA number to understand her so I could write it down correctly her english was so bad. Oh well, I have a new Reolink doorbell that seems 10x better then the Armcrest ,and I dont think I will ever buy another Armcrest product again. Looking over Armcrests Facebook page and the number of other mad customers comments I see why.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It took me over a week to get a replacement doorbell camera under warranty from Lorex, so don't feel bad. Just for grins, see if your AD110 has a USB port on the back and if so try to power it up through the USB port.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep we get many posts here over the years after someone called support - although most find they know more than the rep reading from a checklist LOL.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I treat cams like this as are disposable items. They aren't meant to last long as they have no real support behind them.
Lorex actually does support their doorbell cameras pretty good and it's been working fine once the initial issues were resolved.

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So my AD110 doorbell went dead after 11 months. I went to Armcrests website and called the number to get it replaced under warranty. First off you get an option on the automated message to hit a number to connect to start a RMA. Wrong, it goes to a non working extension number it says. So I dial there general sales number, I explain to the poorly speaking English lady that the door bell is dead. Nada, nothing, doesnt do a thing. She tells me then that we will reboot it, I explain again ...its dead. You cant reboot a dead unit that doesnt power on. Then she tells me that my transformer must be dead. I explain that I installed a new Reolink doorbell in its place and that works fine. I also explain that I am an electronics tech, just give me a RMA number so I can sent this dead unit back to get replaced. She puts me on hold for 10 minutes. GRRRR. Took at least 10 tries to get her to pronounce the RMA number to understand her so I could write it down correctly her english was so bad. Oh well, I have a new Reolink doorbell that seems 10x better then the Armcrest ,and I dont think I will ever buy another Armcrest product again. Looking over Armcrests Facebook page and the number of other mad customers comments I see why.
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the experience you had and we are more than happy to assist you. As part of the escalation team in Houston, Texas, we will gladly address and seek out the best resolution possible with you.

Please reach out to escalation@amcrest.com.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the experience you had and we are more than happy to assist you. As part of the escalation team in Houston, Texas, we will gladly address and seek out the best resolution possible with you.

Please reach out to escalation@amcrest.com.
This is impressive if it works out.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Crazy that you have to complain about a service or product because of no assistance from a manufacturer/seller. Then post on a separate internet site for assistance for warranty.
Hopefully all works out for you.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any update a week later?
Installed the 4mp doorbell cam from amcrest and when my client was signing up for the cloud option there was an issue and the support tech barely spoke English.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I did better with Amcrest via email support. I tried to run 2 doorbells, and may not have had enough power....and during a firmware update it quit....and bricked. It took a 2-3 back and forth emails to get an RMA,,,,and partly it was my fault trying to run 2 on transformer that wasnt sufficient( maybe)...the other one goes offline about every 2-3 months, so i might have a power supply issue with my doorbell transformer? hellifiknow.....

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did better with Amcrest via email support. I tried to run 2 doorbells, and may not have had enough power....and during a firmware update it quit....and bricked. It took a 2-3 back and forth emails to get an RMA,,,,and partly it was my fault trying to run 2 on transformer that wasnt sufficient( maybe)...the other one goes offline about every 2-3 months, so i might have a power supply issue with my doorbell transformer? hellifiknow.....
I have this one and it has plenty of power capability. I also had to replace my 40+ year old Nutone doorbell because it wasn't compatible with my new Lorex doorbell camera.

T1630 Craftmade 16V 30W Doorbell Transformer

1693483710007.png

mromamcrest

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've used their customer service twice. Once could have been better but the second time was great. YMMV.
Thank you for the feedback and I am glad to hear the experience improved for your second experience. However, if there is anything about your first experience that we can further assist with or has not been addressed, please feel free to reach out to escalation@amcrest.com. It will be our pleasure to assist.

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback and I am glad to hear the experience improved for your second experience. However, if there is anything about your first experience that we can further assist with or has not been addressed, please feel free to reach out to escalation@amcrest.com. It will be our pleasure to assist.
It was a few years ago. We did get it resolved.