Are there any IP Cameras with stereo input?

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to capture stereo sound and wondering if anyone knows of cameras that have a line in with 2 channels for stereo?

I like the Dahua, Hikivision and Axis brands.

Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to capture stereo sound and wondering if anyone knows of cameras that have a line in with 2 channels for stereo?

I like the Dahua, Hikivision and Axis brands.

Thanks.
Stereo sound .. you probably need a camera designed for video production ..

iirc most of Dahua and Hikvision are designed for "security" "surveillance" purposes ..

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score

iirc most of Dahua and Hikvision are designed for "security" "surveillance" purposes ..
Does that even exist? An IP camera for video production?

Thanks for your response.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does that even exist? An IP camera for video production?

Thanks for your response.
Yes, there is, my local stations have all converted over to IP cams in their studios. That can be remotely controlled.....no more camera operators in the studio.
I suspect you won't like the prices tho.
One example: IP Live Production - Sony Pro

What say you @Wildcat_1 ?

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow. I couldn't find the price but imagine it in the 10s of thousands $$. Yeah, too much for me I'm afraid. I wonder if they have outdoor housing for them..

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most Production and Corporate systems use either 3G SDI or IP (or both) cameras.
These cams are much more $$ then the typical Dahau or Hik cams. But the audio is separate in these systems, and not part of the camera signal flow.

Mic enabled security cams have only one mic - no way to get stereo audio with only one mic. And cams without mics may have audio I/O, but only mono.
What is your use case for stereo audio?

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a PTZ outdoor camera 4K 1" sensor, stereo sound.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm looking for a PTZ outdoor camera 4K 1" sensor, stereo sound.
most semi-pro ptz are designed for indoor/conference applications. This particular ptz is only 1.8”. You should look for professional broadcast series, like mentioned by looney2ns

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have done this for a customer that wanted to stream video and stereo audio to YouTube Live. By using a raspberry pi, a USB stereo audio dongle and an FFMPEG streaming script I use the audio from the pi rather than the camera. You end up with better audio and the ability to use any camera. The script would look something like this: ffmpeg -f lavfi -i anullsrc -rtsp_transport tcp -thread_queue_size_10000 -i rtsp:/ip_camera_rtsp_address -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:1,0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -strict -2 -f flv rtmp:/a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/<youtube_stream_key>

tankman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have done this for a customer that wanted to stream video and stereo audio to YouTube Live. By using a raspberry pi, a USB stereo audio dongle and an FFMPEG streaming script I use the audio from the pi rather than the camera. You end up with better audio and the ability to use any camera. The script would look something like this: ffmpeg -f lavfi -i anullsrc -rtsp_transport tcp -thread_queue_size_10000 -i rtsp:/ip_camera_rtsp_address -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:1,0 -c:v copy -c:a aac -strict -2 -f flv rtmp:/a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/<youtube_stream_key>
interesting. Thanks for offering that idea.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, there is, my local stations have all converted over to IP cams in their studios. That can be remotely controlled.....no more camera operators in the studio.
I suspect you won't like the prices tho.
One example: IP Live Production - Sony Pro

What say you @Wildcat_1 ?
Yes absolutely for broadcast production, I've used a number of PTZ's when deploying multiple cams between areas, rooms etc and live events. Like @looney2ns mentioned though, not cheap, especially if you want decent sensors with low noise and good quality output