Are Dahua 4MP cams on Ali Chinese?

hwj77

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering whether all the Dahua 4MP cams on Ali are Chinese? This would explain their lower price compared to the 'colored box' Hikvisions.

The camera's found on Ali are all DH-IPC-HDBW4421R, which can be found on the Chinese website: http://www.dahuatech.com/product_detail.php?id=2711

While the version on the international Dahua website is called IPC-HDBW4421EN (http://www.dahuasecurity.com/en/us/pro_details.php?pid=909)

Am I missing something here? Or are they simply Chinese versions with translated FW.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it was @bp2008 that has a few of these. Can you answer this question bp?

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The one I got from CCTV CAMERA CHINA has an English interface just like every other Dahua camera I've ever had.

I don't think Dahua does the same region locking as Hikvision.

hwj77

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input that's good to know, so was the box in English (with the R at the end)?

hwj77

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no idea. I have never seen the box. It was my dad's cam.
Oh ok, do you have any experience with the new 4mp Hik's? And if so what are your impressions of the 4mp Dahua's vs the Hik's?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd say that was some good timing you had there @bp2008

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea, Nobody posted about Dahua 4MP cameras when I got mine the other day lol, they all popped up for BP

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has an RCA jack in and RCA jack out for a speaker, it would have to be a powered mic from my understanding.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I think powered mic only. It is 2015 and the camera can't even power the microphone.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Luckily for where I plan to put my dome eventually, I have already run the wiring underground (it goes across a now paved driveway) So I ran some extra just because. So I could put 2 cameras and a MIC.

I HAVE to have a MIC, I have had so many situations where I couldn't start recording incidents that are happening with a device I carry with me at all times, so those unexpected moments, my CCTV MIC has captured. I even installed just a MIC at my front door so any conversation that happens with someone at my door is always recorded.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pardon my curiosity - but "too many incidents"? Do you live somewhere with high crime or something?

I'm fortunate - I live on the 2nd floor and unless I'm expecting someone, I never answer my door. (Being isolated on the 2nd floor means no one really KNOWS I'm home)

(Although that is part of the reason I'm here - to have a better idea of what's going on at my front door.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily for where I plan to put my dome eventually, I have already run the wiring underground (it goes across a now paved driveway) So I ran some extra just because. So I could put 2 cameras and a MIC.

I HAVE to have a MIC, I have had so many situations where I couldn't start recording incidents that are happening with a device I carry with me at all times, so those unexpected moments, my CCTV MIC has captured. I even installed just a MIC at my front door so any conversation that happens with someone at my door is always recorded.
If you wish to install a mic in areas that you only have a single cable, you can use the two unused pairs in the ethernet cable to power your mic. This is only applicable when using a active poe switch, not poe midspans that use passive poe...
Alternatively the hikvision cams with audio connections can use passive mics...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you wish to install a mic in areas that you only have a single cable, you can use the two unused pairs in the ethernet cable to power your mic. This is only applicable when using a active poe switch, not poe midspans that use passive poe...
Alternatively the hikvision cams with audio connections can use passive mics...
Interesting! Upon further investigation, I see that standard-compliant 802.3af PoE has Mode A and Mode B. Mode A sends power down the data pins 1,2,3,6, leaving pins 4,5,7,8 untouched and since 10/100 networking doesn't use those pins either, I could use them for 12v power. As long as my injector and the camera both support Mode A. And they should...

Attachments