Archiving camera clips

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to reduce the sorting & moving of BI clips by putting the clips into their own folders initially.

So according to the Help file (shown below), I can do that by creating a folder named for the cameras (cam1, cam2, cam3, cam4). I used the only way I could find to create a new folder within BI and that is the "Options","Clips and Archiving", "Folders", "Path" function. However the new folders I created, "C:\blueiris\cam1" thru cam4, are not displayed for selection either here or in "Camera Properties", "Record". Only "New, stored, Alerts, & Aux1-7".

For some reason the help file is a bit confusing to me. For instance, where it says "If you add &CAM\ the camera will have its own folder". If we uncheck the little box beside "Use the default format", the "&CAM"etc is displayed as though this will be the new filename. But apparently it's not. Needless to say, I'm confused.

Could someone give me a bit of assistance here?
I'm using version 3.66, I know it's way outdated, not the super piece of software you guys play with, but I've been using it successfully for many years and I'm very happy with it.

The help file reads:
"Under "Camera Properties", "Record".
Advanced users may add a subfolder specification to the beginning of the filename to automatically sort clips into folders based
on the camera or the date. For example, if you add %Y%m%d\ to the beginning of the filename, a new folder will be created for each
day. If you add &CAM\ the camera will have its own folder". end quote.
Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or advice

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I did it this way. Although the guys here recommend not making your CPU too busy moving stuff 2-3 times. But you can change the way Bi deletes the Aux folder as it fills I guess.
I don't wan to keep anything more than 2-3 weeks.
Aux 2 = Cam 2
but I had more cameras than Aux folders listed, so i doubled up some cams to 1 folder.
There may be more information about this from a senoir mmber ifthey catch this. Busy phone gottarun
Like changing the name of AUX or somehow gettng another folder to appear in there

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You can also select not to use the default file name and add %cam/ to the default file name. Directories can be renamed simply by double clicking on them in the file management page of the console, gear icon.

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the speedy response.
Sebastion, "add %cam/ to the default file name" is part of my problem, where and how do I do that??

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I knw it can be added in the record tab for continuous recording but I'm not sure about alerts and am not at the BI server to have a look.