App stopped working

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed today the iOS app was not working on my phone. It has been working fine for weeks.

I can still go to a URL on my local PC and pull up the local IP address an access the web version of BI. I logged in and it worked.

When I click on the globe though it is bringing me to the setup screen.

Firewall and internet access screens test out ok. Web Server I'm getting an error message. Router and port forwarding test fine.
Then error on remote access test. Client app log in is fine too.

What happened?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version of BI server and iOS app are you using? There were changes made over last week for both.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do they have to match? I did not manually update either, though I noticed my iOS app is set to auto update and it did indeed pull down a new version and install it. Do I just need to update my BI desktop software to match the same version?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not certain that they both needed the update, however, I do know that there was additional "helper" functions added to both server and iOS for getting a fresh install of BI up and working on both ends using your product license first and last digits. This isn't needed if you know the IP's for your server, both WAN and LAN which it sounds like you did since it was working at one point. Not sure if iOS is on the new version and server is not if the app needs you to re-enter your server info or not. Might be something worth shooting a question to BI support (Ken).