App DMSS connection failed

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, lately I no longer upload videos from push notifications, let alone the recordings of the previous hours (both wirelessly and with a telephone data line.
A month ago everything was working fine.
Do you also have the same problem?
Thank you

Attachments

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could you give a bit more details?
Is live view working? Are you able view footage from a different device, like a laptop with SmartPSS or the NVR itself with a monitor?
How did you connect to the NVR, via P2P, local IP address and VPN or WAN IP address with port forward?

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
Does live view work?

YES

Are you able to view footage from a different device, such as a laptop with SmartPSS or the same NVR with a monitor?

YES

I AM CONNECTED p2p

but as i told you before it worked.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do not know where your located in the world and some lacking information but....... Sometimes if the time is not correct on the CCTV NVR and DST hasn't been adjusted correctly, the DMSS application will act as you have described.

Hopefully this may help?

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
I am in Italy. Everything works except notifications.
The date and time is updated

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"let alone the recordings of the previous hours" I understood was also a problem?

gregip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Consider re installing an earlier version of DMSS (I used apkpure.com). I recently found out that Google Store automatically updates DMSS whenever there is a new version of DMSS and people report that some of these updates screw up your system. I immediately located and then disabled the auto update item in my Google Store account. I was not aware that this auto update occurred and hate the fact that Google ticked this option without my knowledge.
By the way, from my vague memories I recall that P2P is not a secure way of accessing your NVR data so I recommend you study this issue for yourself. (The NVR manual, of course, never tells you this.) I installed OpenVPN to overcome that problem and I also ensured my NVR and cameras reside on their own dedicated network.