Anyone using IPhone IOS Dahua Apps IDMSS or Easy4IP?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wow thats really old, You can try a firmware update.. this is the one that came on my 4216-4k, it should work for you too: https://cloud.nayr.net/index.php/s/Xp9b0Kj3hmyItVh

I'd wait until the next time your at the property though.. did you get the NVR w/built in PoE? or external.. if your using external power you can try using iDMSS to connect directly to the cameras and not the NVR and see if that fixes it.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
wow thats really old, You can try a firmware update.. this is the one that came on my 4216-4k, it should work for you too: https://cloud.nayr.net/index.php/s/Xp9b0Kj3hmyItVh

I'd wait until the next time your at the property though.. did you get the NVR w/built in PoE? or external.. if your using external power you can try using iDMSS to connect directly to the cameras and not the NVR and see if that fixes it.
Ok thanks. That makes sense and I think that is the error then. There were many menus that were slightly different then the youtube videos I was seeing online. I will update it next time I am there.

This one has POE. Would have been nice to get the option to talk to each camera remotely through the web. But, this is what I have for now.

Appreciate the help!

Never got the android phone to work. It was connected to the internet yet no access to each app. Another reason why I switched to Apple. It just works without the fuss.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI I sent all the info to Dahua and they asked for serial numbers and settings and they never really told me if they did anything. But soon after opening a case and providing this info all of the iOS crashes have gone away. Have they improved the stability or was it just a coincidence? I don't know, but I am a happy camper that it is not crashing currently. I can even adjust sub stream settings and no crashing.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I take that back. Still crashes on certain cameras for no apparent reason.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For me it work very well. you may have to reinstall it.
I am happy for you. What cameras, what NVR, what is your sub stream settings? I've tried pretty much everything in the book including reinstalling it. There are 2 other apps by Dahua and the cameras all crash these apps when it tries to load.