Anyone preordering Tesla 3?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like next best thing if you are into cheap electrics.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, but it's refundable. I was a bit late to the party, it looks like they had over 100k preorders.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
never buy first gen, especially preordering first gen.

if you want em to last that is, if you just want a new car every few years then it dont really matter..

I am fond of last year before a new generation.. they got all the bells and whistles tossed in and all the nuisance bugs fixed along with big issues.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I leased Leaf and Volt 1st gen, both were great no complaints really. With the number of preorders they received for Tesla 3 it would be probably 4 or so years before you will be able to get one and they should work out bugs by then. Personally thinking about getting new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but id rather have the faster model he hinted at.. heh.

I am a long distance driver, I dont have really any use for a PEV in my fleet right now.. loving the fact I go 1k miles in my diesel right now pulling a lil trailer for under $100 in fuel.

id go for an eGolf if I had any commuting to do, but I dont.. just traveling to Oregon and Kansas and up and down the rockies.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be stupid for me to order a Tesla anything, given that I live over 200 miles from any supercharger station, and I rarely drive. I commute once a week with my brother who works in the same office, so he owns the car. My car collects dust and is no longer licensed or insured :D