Anyone mount Hik 2332 turret to weatherproof box?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has mounted this dome to an exterior box? I always mount my bullets this way but I'm not sure if it can be done with standard 4" weatherproof box.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They designed a specific box for those turrets now if you can't find a box that fits it.

Musad

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an fyi, the base of this cam is 4.75" so 4" box might not work.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Milk, how much are the boxes, do you carry them, and lastly I don't need to utilize the nipple on the side so can that be removed and a blank plug put in?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope its just a round circle without anything extending from the base.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hate drilling holes to mount boxes, it just leaves another spot for water to get in. The boxes with tabs or ears are the best.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The boxes I use have the ears on the side. I drill a hole in the wall to bring the cat cable in and I'm done.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I may have to stick with the bullets for my next install. I'm going to have to grab a turret to see how it would look mounted to my current weatherproof boxes. Kinda pointless to not have the turret cam base mounted flush.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Particle soffit.. I was just looking at the Dahua 4300C which is only about 3 1/2" wide compared to the Hik at 4.75. There are two reasons why I use the boxes. One is a stronger platform for the camera. And enclosed connections. Two is every install I have done, the owners want to be able to take cameras if and when they move.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like boxes because it's less damage to wall. No huge hole that a pigtail or dongle is shoved through. Only an Ethernet cable usually

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep. In the residential I've done, only have to drill a hole big enough to pass cat cable thru.

ebytes

n3wb
Reaction score
Milk, does that box fit the IPC-HFW3200S bullets? I'm looking for something with smaller profile.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For bullets, I would just use regular 4" weatherproof boxes from Lowe's or HD. You can use metal or plastic boxes, but your blank cover will need to be plastic so that you can drill it.

Greyblack

n3wb
Reaction score
For bullets, I would just use regular 4" weatherproof boxes from Lowe's or HD. You can use metal or plastic boxes, but your blank cover will need to be plastic so that you can drill it.
Why can't you drill a metal cover, I've done it many times. Metal covers are more durable.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can, I typed it wrong. I just use plastic covers.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep that's what I use. I have another pre-wire to do tomorrow..