Anyone in Houston?

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there anyone here in Houston? I'd like to be able to "phone a friend" and/or be able to help someone else out here in Tejas.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey there, have you found any place that sells Dahua cameras here in Houston?

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I have not. It seems like the really desirable models are international and that those in the US are re-branded with different firmware and more expensive generally. So, what's your experience level with designing and deploying IP cam systems?

Thanks,

Robert

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still learning but now know what type of cameras to use, what are the best locations and know the basic install/setup piece. When it comes to trouble shooting and port forwarding that's when I start to show my limited knowledge of the IT aspects of things.

I'd like to know how to set up a VPN as nayr has mentioned everyone should do instead of port forwarding. When it gets to that level, i'm hosed.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why one of my cameras is starting to get blury. It's 3 years old but its getting bad. I'm working with Vector to see if i can get the firmware updated and go from there.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve got loads of software experience and have learned a lot about networks via custom software deployments.... I’ve done a lot of port-forwarding and established a few VPNs via Mac OSX Server.... do you have link to the nayr vpn suggestion? I’m assuming he’s suggesting to VPN into your local LAN when you’re not local.

Robert

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Robert, any experience setting up the trip wires for Alarms/texts?