Anyone Else Tried an Amcrest AMC4KBC28 HD-CVI Camera?

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know. Not an IP camera. Couldn't find the HD-CVI thread.

So these were on sale last week and I bought one to kick the tires with my AMDV8M8-H5 DVR. As usual, the published specs and actual reality were two different things.
Great image and night vision, though -- @7fps 4k max. Really? That's it? Supposed to do 4k-8MP @15fps. That sucked. Turns out the DVR small print sorta disclaims its 4k performance. Oh well. I'll be happy with 6MP @20fps or 4/5MP @25/30fps as published, right? Uhhh..., no. So now I'm a little pissed. Turns out the camera needs to be specifically set to HD-CVI in the DVR and 'Auto' doesn't offer its full capability. Ok. Now I'm in there, but still at only 50% of the specs? WTF?

Amcrest support is bad at best in my experience. I started a ticket and then said 'screw it' when the initial response was just a canned screening -- again.

As mentioned, the image is great with this thing and the night vision is superb. Would hate to send it back, but my setup is primarily for real time observation, not a 5fps system staring at a static scene 24/7. Anyone else have one of these and get any more out of it?

For an analog HD-CVI 4k/8MP cam under $60 it's a helluva nice cam otherwise. Built in mic and audio in as well. Unfortunately, it makes my Ring doorbell seem fast. LOL

As usual, TIA for anyone's experience or enlightenment.

Amcrest specs b.jpg

Amcrest specs.jpg