Anyone else like to fish?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Caught today from a neighbor's pond where I was helping pull out some invasive weeds. Just shy of 4 lbs. Long but not very fat. Sent it back to gain some weight for the fall.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You should. It's fun if you have a good place to fish and there's not a lot required. Sounds like you do right out back.

This is 3 minutes from my house. I'm about the only one who ever fishes it. I'll catch 15 a day on a regular day when they're active. Mostly 1-2 lbs to keep me busy and now and then a 5 or 6 to make it more interesting.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Always a great day when you pull something up. Back when I lived on the left coast I used to enjoy fishing in the Pacific ocean. Either surf fishing or a mile or two off the coast. Loved the mystery of not knowing what you were about to pull up.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did a LOT of redfishin in Texas and then here in Florida up until about 12-15 yeas ago when shooting sports and firearm instruction took over all my free time. Now with medical eye issues and retirement coming up, I'll likely spend more time drowning bait.

Dad's first saltwater trip, 6 Reds 36" to 51" in the south end of Mosquito Lagoon. Polled in at sunrise from 500 yds to see dozens of massive tails sticking out of the water

DadandMe-redfish.jpg